cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Goodole
Halo

Ring time length

I have searched quite well and cannot find an answer to extend the time my S10e rings. Currently it's about 15 seconds. I'm a Boost customer and they are saying they have no control over it which I do disagree as AT&T and Verizon can change it on their end. Boost is saying it is the phone manufacturer but I've been throuh every app on my phone to no avail. To make things a little more confusioning, I had it changed on my S7 with no difficulty using Boost Care.

Is there a setting on the phonew that I've missed? Any direction to go it?

8 REPLIES 8
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Ring time length

You are correct. There is not a setting on the phone. This is strictly controlled by the service provider.

Samsung Care Ambassador

Yes you answered your own question actually... It's a carrier setting, not a phone, and Boost people you spoke with have no idea what they're talking about.

Try this (from a Google search):

f you dial this simple code into your phone you can choose how long it rings for before it diverts to messagebank or hangs up. You just need to go into your phone dialler (as if you were going to make a call) and enter **61*101**(Number of seconds)#. So, let’s say you want your phone to ring for 30 seconds then you’d enter **61*101**30# and press send/call. It’s that easy!

Here are a few things you should remember:

• The default ring time is 15 seconds
  • You must select ring times in 5 second increments (15, 20, 25 etc)
  • 30 seconds is the maximum you can select
  • If you want to reset everything back to the default then enter ##004# and press send/call

If my post answered your question, please be sure to accept it as solution so other users can find answers quicker. And give it a Like. Thanks

Geno71-Ambassador-Signature2-1
Goodole
Halo

That is only for Australia and as of late,they are having the same problme. IT IS BOOST. I spent two hours on the phone with them and the deny ever havin to to it. Well they are liars, I had my S7 setup that way!!!!!

Highlighted
Goodole
Halo

Doesn't work, either Boost has it locked out or the S10e doesn't recognize the number/code and that's the error message I get. "the number you have dialed  is incorrect, please check the number or code and retry again. 

userz1kzqsD0im
Astronaut

Try **61*number**XX#

**61*number in the sense the number  to which calls to be forwarded **ringer time (5,10,15,20,25,30)#

Goodole
Halo

@userz1kzqsD0im wrote:

Try **61*number**XX#

**61*number in the sense the number  to which calls to be forwarded **ringer time (5,10,15,20,25,30)#

I'm not trying to forward a call, I simple want my ring time extened to 30 seconds. Plain and simple. Besides that any and all of all most all code numbers don't work with Boost.

Goodole
Halo

Geno71, this does not work with Boost mobile as a lot of other codes.

Goodole
Halo

@Privetfla wrote:

@Goodole

If you use att as your carrier, just call them and they will reset your ringer. The phone has no setting for this.

Verizon can done VIA online, AT@T just call and they will do it. Boost/Sprint are a bunch of idiots. The deny ever having to do it. I called Sprint last week because Boost locked my factory unlocked phone to them. Sprint undid what Boost did. They (sprint) told me point blank they (Boost) are not allowed to do that with a paid factory unlocked phone, or a phone that is not owed on. It doesn't make any difference, as soon as my last operation is done, I'm getting rid of the phone and Boost and have one last Samsung product that will be out of this house as well. I need my notification light as I'm hard of hearing and can't hold the phone in my hand all day. I'll will not carry this thing all day becasue of the lack of insight.