cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Ring video doorbell, problems with set up.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi there, we recently purchased a  Ring Video Doorbell and for some reason I can't get past set up. My Galaxy S10 phone shows the wifi symbol, (that has been created by the doorbell) with an exclamation mark. The set up then times out. I contacted Ring who pretty much said I should get another phone!! Is there a security setting that I am missing? I really need some help. All the vids on YouTube refer to older phones and bears no resemblance to the S10. Thanks all.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Ring video doorbell, problems with set up.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I had the same probem and figured it out! It was one of the 2 fixes listed below. I am not sure which one it is because I tried both fixes at the same time, and then it started working afterwards:

1 - Hold down the main setup button (mine is an orange color) for 15 seconds to "Reset" the doorbell.

2 - Uninstall the "Smart Switch" app from your phone.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The exclamation mark on the Wifi symbol is an indication that internet is not available. Completely expected when connected to the Ring doorbell Wifi. 

Ring tries to make the setup easy and transparent. Behind the scenes, the Ring setup is somewhat complex. AFAIK, first your phone should be connected to your house Wifi. When you launch the Ring app and press the reset button on the doorbell, the app switches the phone to the wifi from the doorbell. It transfers some settings back and forth with the doorbell and then switches your phone back to your house Wifi. 

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have tried everything, watching you tube vids of changes on settings that need to be made but nothing corresponds with my S10. All the vids are for older models. The set up on the doorbell times out without completion. We tried connecting my husband's iPhone and it worked instantly but this is of no help to me as the doorbell was a gift for my 92 yr old mother and it needs to be connected to my Samsung phone.  I need instruction. I need to know what needs changing on my phone. Best wishes and thanks for responding. I can't believe I am the only person having this issue. 😢

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I had the same probem and figured it out! It was one of the 2 fixes listed below. I am not sure which one it is because I tried both fixes at the same time, and then it started working afterwards:

1 - Hold down the main setup button (mine is an orange color) for 15 seconds to "Reset" the doorbell.

2 - Uninstall the "Smart Switch" app from your phone.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userPGg38Y74QI Were you able to figure it out? I am having the same issue on samsung note 8 anf samsung s9