cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Keith1187
Astronaut

Roaming issue with my S10 plus

I pre ordered the galaxy s10 plus and like 2 weeks after I got it I had to go back to sprint because it basically wouldn't work(no service). They said it's been a problem with the pre ordered s10s so they gave me a brand new phone. They said that the phones were constantly searching for a 5g network( doesn't exist in my area yet) and is was causing internal issues in the phone. Anyone else heard of this? So I just looked at my bill today and I t said I used 10gb of my unlimited data and almost 15gb of roaming data. Is this normal or should I go back to sprint about it. I never have good service on my phone but my wife's iPhone has excellent service, so I dont think it's the sprint network. Wondering if I got another defective phone or maybe I need to change some settings. It just dont seem right to have that much roaming data. Thanks keith

4 REPLIES 4
Atlas
Constellation

As of right now the S10 or the S10+ are having issues sta...

As of right now the S10 or the S10+ are having issues staying connected, I did the same thing I went to a sprint center and they disable Band 41. This is regarding the LTE data issue. They explain to me that there is an issue with that antenna, which causing the phone connection to become unstable.

I test run it where I am I been getting about 80 of download and upload of 20. Which is more than enough, of course this with the band 41 antenna being disabled.

GPS glitches are happening as well. They need to fix this ASAP this is making the phone itself seem less than an iPhone.

If you can go back to the sprint center or repair center asked them to disable band 41, hopefully that will help.

Cheers.

Re: Roaming issue with my S10 plus

Sprint ended up replacing mine which was a holy nightmare on it's own. Now the replacement is having a whole new set of issues and needs to be replaced so I am heading to phone number 3. Hopefully the Sprint rep I am dealing with is being truthful as at least this time Sprint is supposedly sending me a  new phone directly instead of having me go through their insurance carrier again. After that experience with the first replacement I swore never to deal with them again.

userYIR1F07PHy
Constellation

Ask to get it exchanged. I contacted sprint and they said there was a bad batch of phones, but now they have to exchange the phone for a new one. It was an issue part of Samsung. Good luck

Samsung Care Ambassador

Sprint reps have definitely mentioned that there were bad batches and a number of defective S10's that they have had to replace. If the latest firmware update (ending in ASDA) does not correct connectivity problems, the only way to fix is a repair or device exchange/replacement, depending on a number of variables. If any devices however experience connectivity dropping before they're patched, they've likely already experienced hardware failure and no amount of firmware updates will fix that problem. The firmware patches were released as a preventative measure against the LTE/mobile network connectivity drop-outs. Devices that had not yet exhibited that problem were ok once patched. Other issues with the S10 (outside of connectivity drops) are likely caused by 3rd-party apps that compromise stability of the firmware.

If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response helped resolve your issue, please press the "✓ Accept as Solution" button. Thanks!