cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Th3Docter
Asteroid

Running slow at night

I recently got this phone with sprint and at night the system UI runs extremely slow and crashes. I reverted all my settings to the defaults and turned off always on display and fingerprint sensor because my device has issues unlocking at those time. Is anyone else experiencing with this issue, my device runs fine during the day, but at night it runs sluggish. I already updated the phone to the latest version and disabled apps and uninstalled. This is a new phone that is only 4 days old why am I having this issue?

10 REPLIES 10
Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: Running slow at night

I have experienced those issues with my own S10+. UI sometimes runs slow to the point where I have to power off (sometimes holding volume down + power for 10 seconds to force it to shut off).

Usually wiping the system cache partition helps resolve this issue. Power off, then power on with volume up + bixby button + power button until Recovery loads. Choose to wipe the cache partition then reboot.

The other option is to reboot into Safe mode to find out if the UI behavior is a problem there - if it's not, removing 3rd-party apps that might be tying up CPU is another option that can help with troubleshooting.

If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response helped resolve your issue, please press the "✓ Accept as Solution" button. Thanks!

Th3Docter
Asteroid

Ah but I keep rebooting my device and cleared the cache of the system UI app multiple times and it is still the same issue. The weird thing is during the regular days of operation my device runs fine, but when it hits 9:30 it becomes very slow. I am currently using my device and it is running fine during the afternoon.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Have you tried wiping the cache partition of your device?

1.    Turn off the device.
2.    Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Bixby key, then press and hold the Power key.
3.    When the Android logo displays, release all three keys.
4.    An ‘Installing system update’ message will show for 30 – 60 seconds before the Android system recovery menu options appear.
5.    Press the Volume down key several times to highlight wipe cache partition.
6.    Press Power key to select.
7.    Press the Volume down key to highlight yes, them and press the Power key to select.
8.    When the wipe cache partition is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
9.    Press the Power key to restart the device.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Th3Docter
Asteroid

I tried it and I still have the same issue everytime when I swipe left or right to a different panel at the home screen my phone freezes up and thinks I am trying to move an app or a widget. I only use three apps on the phone reddit, ifunny, and clash of clans. When I first got the phone there was 104 preinstalled apps, and I deleted about 30-40 of them. What could be the issue? I never downloaded anything besides the three apps listed above and some social media apps that is it.

Edit: I forgot to mention sometimes when my device is idle and doing nothing it heats up sometimes.

Samsung Care Ambassador

I should've cleared that up - I meant wiping the cache partition not the system UI app cache. Wiping the cache partition can only be done from Recovery...you have to power off your device then hold volume up + bixby button + power button until Recovery loads. From there you can wipe your cache partition.

If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response helped resolve your issue, please press the "✓ Accept as Solution" button. Thanks!

Th3Docter
Asteroid

I tried it and I still have this same issue

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Have you tried testing your phone in safe mode?

To get into Safe Mode by press the Power key, touch and hold the Power off icon, and then touch the Safe Mode icon.

Samsung Care Ambassador

When it's running slow at night...do you notice if your S10 is getting a good signal? Is it normally connected via Wifi or do you use mobile network only? Try throwing it in airplane mode overnight to find out if it exhibits the same behavior.

Th3Docter
Asteroid

This time is running slow at random times now. I just factory reset my device hoping it will fix it. If there is more problems I will update back