cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Samsung_vg2Xjiz
Constellation

S10 5G how water resistant is it

I'm going to a water park and was wondering if it would be smart to just purchase a life proof case, or, save a little money and not worry as long as I'm not diving to the bottom of a pool with it.

4 REPLIES 4
Thesaloneous
Constellation

It's good I've taken mine down water slides at the park

It's good I've taken mine down water slides at the park

Highlighted
Comet

S10 devices have IP rating of IP68. With IP68, the S10 ar...

S10 devices have IP rating of IP68. With IP68, the S10 are resistant in fresh water to a maximum of depth of 1.5 metres for up to 30 minutes and are protected from dust--all without the need for extra cases or covers. You dont have to, But it is best if you get life proof case as it'll add extra protection to the device and wouldn't have to worry too much.

NBI

If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response resolved your issue, please press the "✓ Accept as Solution" button.

MrSuds
Astronaut

I pressure wash fir a living. My S7s lasted me many years...

I pressure wash fir a living. My S7s lasted me many years but I still put them in a ziploc bag just to be safe. I buy the ones just big enough fir them then I put a viva towel in the bag with it to soak up any moisture so don't have to contend with vapor on the screen. A bag will lay a couple to 4 days but it's so cheap. I grey a new bag every day.

Then I use a water resistant bluetooth headset to answer calls.

Those waterproof bags are just $5 at 5 Beliw Store and often a beefier better bag at walmarts fir just$10. You may have to check several walmarts or order online.

Walmart had a good $90 bluetooth head set that lay me at least 3 months while being used everyday 6 days a week pressure washing. They have survive the accidental jumping in the pool too. Although I do recommend taking them off first.

Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: S10 5G how water resistant is it

@Samsung_vg2Xjiz Your phone is IP68 Rated but i would recommend not taking it into water that is treated with chlorine or salt water since the chlorine and salt water will start to degrade the water resistance seals built into your phone i would recommend get a case that is designed to prevent water from coming into contact with your device if you want to take your device anywhere near this type of water sources

Gary-B82-Ambassador-Signature2Note 10+ User on Verizon Wireless