cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

S10 5G keeps downloading random apps?

Yesterday I upgraded to s10 5g. Phone is used and it was restored to factory settings when I purchased it.

Seemingly random apps keep getting installed. At this point all together there was at least 10-12 apps added. Once removed they don't come back (for now at least)

It started innocently with 4 games (solitaire, candy crush, etc...)

Than it installed 3-5 more random apps (I just deleted them don't remember what they were)

This morning there is 4 AT&T apps, AR Zone, Game Launcher, and Tips

Any idea what is going on and how to stop it?

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: S10 5G keeps downloading random apps?

try installing anti malware app.
Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

when you do set ups after factory reset, the phone shows you list of pre-apps. There is option to uncheck those, but i think u might have ran through set up wizard too quick you accidently selected download all.
they will only try to download for now, but once you uninstall they will not reinstall automatically again.

Highlighted
Constellation

one possible source of this is one of the many Facebook app that installed by default one of them installs apps from Facebook with out permission. if you go into setting the apps, then select the three dots in the upper right corner and then select system apps. scroll down through the list and you will find the 3 facebook installed apps(it is 3 on my note 9 it could be more or less on you phone) if you disable this this could stop what you are seeing. note to all of this if you use facebook on your phone doing this may break the facebook app. I stopped using facebook on my 4ish years ago mainly because of issues like this among others. I hope this helps