JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

S10 5g network issues

(Topic created: 05-17-2019 01:28 PM)
userbH7b4TWcgm
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I've noticed a few network issues with the s10 5g. First issue is that it switches to 1x when connected to wifi, which is not a big deal unless you disconnect from wifi, then it takes a little bit to find 3g-4g. Next issue, is that it has a hard time finding 4g LTE. My wife's phone will state 4g LTE,  but mine will be at 3g. Also, have noticed it switch when on a call to 1x. Anyone else having these issues, kind of frustrating.

JUMP TO SOLUTION
13 Replies
Solution
userbH7b4TWcgm
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Sounds like they have had a lot of issues today with connection. They mentioned something about missing information, they had me turn it off while they sent the data to my phone. Once it powered back on it was working just fine with 4g lte even on wifi.

userCO8E0z1Kc3
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I have a similar issue on my S10 5G on T-mobile. I cannot get LTE speeds or connection when set on 5G/LTE/3G/2G automatic model It iwll not default to anything but 2G and has no data. I have to manually switch the phone to the LTE/3G/2G mode for it to get high speed data. Both T-mobile and Samsung do not have a fix. T-mobile told me to return the phone for a refund if I am not happy. She seemed to admit it is a Samsung problem that needs a software or firmwae update that might not come for months. Very sad to see on such an expensive phone

@userbH7b4TWcgm wrote:

I've noticed a few network issues with the s10 5g. First issue is that it switches to 1x when connected to wifi, which is not a big deal unless you disconnect from wifi, then it takes a little bit to find 3g-4g. Next issue, is that it has a hard time finding 4g LTE. My wife's phone will state 4g LTE,  but mine will be at 3g. Also, have noticed it switch when on a call to 1x. Anyone else having these issues, kind of frustrating.

0 Likes
userwqXf4ypeUB
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I am having this same issue. I have the Note 10 Plus 5g on AT&T and when I woke this morning (Dec 18th) my clock said it was 8:40 EST. When I looked at my phone because the alarm didnt ring the date & time said Dec 23rd at 5:20am. This is very concerning. After I connected to wifi it reset correctly.

Any suggestions?

@userbH7b4TWcgm wrote:

0 Likes
Members_T4JuDQP
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Have S10 5G has NEVER had any 5G reception.  Sitting in a bar next to another Verizon 5G phone, they had  5G with 4 bars, I had 4G Lte with 4 bars.  ??!! .  Verizon/Samsung claim they have a fix, but it's NOT published.  My phone is UNLOCKED.

0 Likes