cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: S10 After Android 10 Update Notifications Delayed or Non Existent

Have there been any developments regarding this issue?  I can go an entire day without receiving notifications.  My "fix" is to restart my device, then I get a bunch of notifications.  Some of the notifications are news alerts for things that happened yesterday. 

This is beyond frustrating!

Highlighted

Yes I have tried clearing cache partition AND factory resetting the phone and I still am experiencing this issue.

Highlighted

None of the apps are sleeping and I even have battery optimization turned off for the apps.

Highlighted
Constellation

I just clear the cache partition and will let you know.  To answer the other questions, my notifications are NOT turned off and nothing is set to sleep.

Tonight at dinner, I received an entire day's worth of notifications.  I received every notification from today since early this morning around 6:30PM at dinner all at once.  I was not on Wifi and had been off of Wifi and on cellular for about 2 hours.  I was not even using the phone as it was sitting on the table at dinner with my family and had been locked and sitting face down for over an hour.

There is something wrong with your operating system - this isn't a user error as is obvious based on all of the reports above.

How about just sending me a new phone?  or better yet - fix it.

Highlighted
Constellation

So i'm having same issues and i've done a factory reset and thought things were better but they've been getting bad again. Its probably a shot in the dark but i'm wondering the Android Notification service is being "optimized" so I just turned off all of optimize battery usage for every single individual app under Special Access via the Apps menu under the 3 dots on the right. I've only had it on for about an hour but i haven't missed a notification. 

Like i said it could just be coincidence but worth a shot maybe if someone else wants to give it a try and see if it works for them? 

Highlighted
Constellation

Quick follow-up on my post from last week. I stopped getting notifications again later that night but I then unpaired my smart watch (got a versa for Christmas) from my phone and I've had no notification issues since then, going on 3 days now. I googled and found there seems to be an issue with at least the Fitbit smart watches and the s10 when it comes to notifications not being received. Not sure if any of you have a smart watch but maybe see if unpairing it helps.

Now this is obviously a work around and the true problem needs fixed. Good luck everyone!

Highlighted
Astronaut

Are your notifications still working since unpairing your Fitbit?

I'm having the same issue where notifications don't come through, then hours or days later they'll all come through in one go.

I also have issues with app updates pausing at some random percentage (usually 99, but not always) and then taking hours to complete.

Did you just remove the Fitbit from paired Bluetooth devices, or did you do anything else?

The whole Android 10 update seems to have totally ruined the experience with the S10. On Android Pie I could make it the whole day with 60-70% battery remaining. Now I'm having to recharge in the middle of the day otherwise I don't make it to bedtime.

My wife also has the same issues on her S10

Factory resets of both devices hasn't helped with any of the issues.

Constellation

Yes, still receiving all of my notifications. I'm actually planning to reconnect my Fitbit to see if the issue comes back. I didn't do anything other than unpairing from Bluetooth. 

I do agree with you that it does seem to be related to Android 10 but I have had success with my watch being unpaired. 

Highlighted
Astronaut

I have the same issue !

Highlighted
Constellation

I am also experiencing this issue on my Samsung Galaxy S10. Glad I found this thread!