cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: S10 After Android 10 Update Notifications Delayed or Non Existent

Sameissue with my note 10+ after the january update. i factory reset the phone and a day later it started haooening again.  alo having trouble installing apps from playstore 

Highlighted

@usernFNADqzquN wrote:

Sameissue with my note 10+ after the january update. i factory reset the phone and a day later it started haooening again.  alo having trouble installing apps from playstore 

That's interesting because I also made another post about apps not installing or updating in the play store or taking forever to do so:  https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Galaxy-S10/S10-Android-10-Apps-Not-Installing-Updating-in-Play-S...

Highlighted
Constellation

I cannot believe this still has not been fixed, I've got exactly the same issue since Android 10 on my S10 plus G9750, there was never any delay in notifications with 9 and now this, and what are we still doing on January patch!? 

Also this is working fine on my pixel 2 XL with Android 10 0 issues with notifications, maybe my last Samsung, 3 months later and you still haven't fixed it, you have ruined the Android 10 experience, Also it did this on beta too why this was not picked up then is beyond me.

Highlighted
Constellation

Same issue here.  My biggest frustration is with Gmail notifications being delayed, but I see the same issue with other apps.  This appears to be an OS issue where the phone goes into a standby or sleep mode and notifications are not being recognized until I unlock the screen.  Within seconds of unlocking the screen, my Gmail notifications pop up.  I have my old S6 still active on Wi-Fi in my house and hear notifications immediately, while the S10 will delay notification for 20-30 minutes if at all.  This is a widespread issue and I can't understand why Samsung is acting like they've never heard of it.  At the very least we need to see acknowledgement and a plan to resolve this.

I've changed all settings as recommended by Samsung and others including changing Battery Optimization options, changing Power Mode to High Performance (to minimize phone going into standby), turned off Adaptive Battery option, turning on Always On Display (to minimize phone going into standby), and any other related settings.  I really believe there's an underlying issue related to how notifications are being prioritized to wake up the phone.  

One more thing related to why I believe this is related to the lock screen.  I have Smart Lock enabled and use a trusted device (Fitbit) and my trusted location (Home) to keep the screen unlocked, and it rarely works, i.e. I have to use my fingerprint to unlock.  I'll admit that the Fitbit can be flakey and doesn't sync regularly as it should ( a different issue that Fitbit can't seem to fix) but the trusted location should always work at my home and connected to wi-fi.  This is another data point that the phone seems to go into some standby mode and doesn't respond properly to smart lock or notification settings.

Highlighted
Constellation

I am experiencing both delayed notifications and also Google play apps taking forever to install even after reaching 100% download. Did you manage to resolve your issue? 

Highlighted
Constellation

@userv9SpNMBlPh wrote:

I am experiencing both delayed notifications and also Google play apps taking forever to install even after reaching 100% download. Did you manage to resolve your issue? 

I have the exact same issue. 

Highlighted
Constellation

Same for me

Highlighted
Constellation

It is now the middle of May, and nothing has changed.  All of this still happens on my Note 10 Plus.  Spend a thousand dollars on a phone that doesn't even notify me of text messages. And I would love to say it is just a glitch in android, but I also bought a Samsung Watch Active 2, and I have a 6:35 AM alarm set on it, that never goes off on time. it could go off at 2 pm, 6 pm, 10:30 pm and it will show that it is my 6:35 AM alarm underneath as it's going off.  Samsung has turned into the biggest joke for software.

Highlighted
Astronaut

NO ONE UI UPDATE YET

I havent received the ONI UI 2 update yet on my Samsung S10 5G

Highlighted
Comet

Re: NO ONE UI UPDATE YET

I'm sorry that you're having this issue... did you contact your carrier about it?