cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

S10 After Android 10 Update Notifications Delayed or Non Existent

After the Android 10 update on the Galaxy S10 notifications have been either delayed or non existent.  Battery optimization is turned off as well as do not disturb and it still happens. I also tried doing a factory reset and setting everything up again and the issue is still occuring.

Model:  SMG970U1

Baseband:  G970U1UEU2CSKP

47 REPLIES 47
Highlighted
Astronaut

Re: S10 After Android 10 Update Notifications Delayed or Non Existent

I been having problems with my S10+ since the updates too

Highlighted
Astronaut

Same here. Some apps I've found if you uninstall and reinstall get better for a little while but it eventually goes back to being the same.

Highlighted

I found the same results . Uninstalling and reinstalling an app gets it working for a short period but then it goes back. The same was for when I did a factory reset on the phone. Gmail seems to be the most affected by this issue.

Highlighted
Constellation

Ok, so I was suffering from the same thing.....Battery Optimize is off on Gmail, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and yet they'd only pop up when I unlocked the screen. Sometimes Gmail notifications would be over 90 minutes behind.....I tried everything. Even a factory reset. All battery setting were off. I even tried High Performance mode, and still had big delays. I tried something new... and it seems to help a bit. Not perfect, but a tad better:

Under the DEVICE CARE, and under APP POWER MANAGEMENT, try removing all apps under SLEEPING APPS, then DEEP SLEEPING APPS, then restart the phone. 

For me, the phone seems to get more notifications sooner. If you have anything in these two catagories, it seems to disrupt the notifications. 

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Thank you all for reaching out! I am looking into this further. @nightshadow4k your information is very helpful! As soon as I find out more information. I will follow back up with you here.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Astronaut

Have you not found a solution yet? I have the same problem with my Fitbit Versa. It no longer notifies me of phone calls coming in and doesn't display text messages.

<edit>

Highlighted

This same issue seems to happen on a Pixel 2 with Android 10 as well. This may be an Android 10 issue and not specific to Samsung. Maybe Samsung can fix the issue without Google. Does not seem to be related to Fitbit at all.

Highlighted
Astronaut

Six months later and it's still an issue. I'm seriously looking into downgrading to Android 9, or simply just getting rid of this thing and get something that works. 

Android Notifications have been around since, I don't know, Android 1? It can't be that we're regressing at this point.

Highlighted
Constellation

Same thing here