cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S10 Android 10 Apps Not Installing/Updating in Play Store

Not sure if this is a Google issue but I only noticed it on my S10 after the Android 10 update.  Apps in the Play Store take forever to install or update, they just hang at 99% or 100%.  Doesn't matter if I'm on my home wifi, work wifi, cellular.  Tried wiping cache partition, clearing Play store cache and data, disabling Google app, clearing Play store services cache and data.  Nothing seems to get the apps to update or install quicker.

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: S10 Android 10 Apps Not Installing/Updating in Play Store

@trailblazer15 Does the updates download any faster if you placed your phone in safe mode first?

Highlighted
Constellation

Facing the same issue here on the S10 5G, issue only occurs on wifi though which is strange because my wifi speed is 400mbps. Downloads from everywhere else are blazing fast but on the play store it sits at waiting for download for extended periods of time. 

Highlighted
Constellation

I'm pretty sure it's a bug with the play store itself. I have had the same issue with my Note 9 on Android 10 and 9. If doing what you are doing isn't working, then I'd recommend waiting. It will eventually install.

Highlighted

I believe it is a bug in the Play Store as well.  Today I was doing some app updates and they seem to be installing faster.  Maybe Google had complaints and pushed a fix.

Highlighted

This issue seems to still happen occasionally, apps still will take forever to update or install.  If I just leave my phone sit for several minutes it will eventualy go.  Very annoying.  This issue only started happening after the Android 10 update.