cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userv9HIcgLdgt
Constellation

S10 Battery Drain Symptoms

How anyone noticed increased battery drain from the Android system app since updating to the newest patch? I'm on a snapdragon s10+ and since updating my phone to the October patch I've seen my Android system app draining over 20% battery power. I've never noticed it this high before. Could it be something caused by the patch? I've already clear the Google play services cache and the partition cache and neither has helped.

27 REPLIES 27
usercbwIdvpD0E
Constellation

Re: Android system battery drain since October security patch

Mine too, I'm on Note 9. Realised this almost immediately after the latest security update. 

I have tried clearing cache , going into safe mode to monitor performance. Its clearly not a rogue app. It's draining at a rate of 20% after a few hours while idle! 

I see the Google Play Services , Android OS, Android System eating way too much power. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have the same problem with my exynos Galaxy S10+ since i installed the Dutch November security patch yesterday.

Since then my phone doesn't go into deep sleep mode anymore at all. With as result it drains 10% overnight with airplane mode on and Wi-Fi disabled, instead of 1% before the update.

It also shows a much higher usage of android system under battery usage in the settings app.

usercbwIdvpD0E
Constellation

@usercbwIdvpD0E wrote:

Mine too, I'm on Note 9. Realised this almost immediately after the latest security update. 

I have tried clearing cache , going into safe mode to monitor performance. Its clearly not a rogue app. It's draining at a rate of 20% after a few hours while idle! 

I see the Google Play Services , Android OS, Android System eating way too much power. 

It was at 95% charge. left it idle for about 10-12 hours , used it for about an hour after I woke up.   It has drained quite a bit. How I wished I didn't do that freaking uodate. 

Screenshot_20191104-121758_Settings.jpg

Samsung_YFLmNzc
Astronaut

Googe play services always will be on background, nothing new

Renegader
Astronaut

I thought I was imagining it. But yes my battery seems to drain pretty fast. Much faster using the medium power saving mode AFTER the update than it did in optimized mode BEFORE the update.

userv9HIcgLdgt
Constellation

Ok. At least it's not just me. I'm noticing the exact same things. Hopefully the next patch will fix whatever is going on.

CJeren1
Cosmic Ray

Haven't noticed any issues on my s10+

userr3g22zFXlh
Cosmic Ray

NOTE MINE NOTE 9 GOOD TRY TO SOFT RESTING YOUR PHONE YOUTUBE SHOWS U HOW BACK UP UR PHONE BEFORE

userxtVxoIgMsZ
Constellation

My phone is a galaxy s7. I performed this morning the system update that was pushed up a few weeks ago. Since then, my battery is draining faster that I can charge it ! I tried to wipe system cache, update all the apps, get the beta version of Google play services. It changed nothing. My phone is unusable and I rely a lot on it everyday. Please Samsung/Google fix this mess as fast as you can.