cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Astronaut

Re: S10 Blurry Pictures

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Did both options numerous times and have all updates. Apparently the camera is just this awful and Samsung's marketing should be terminated for false advertisements of such a horrificly performing feature as though it were flawless.

What's more is samsung doesn't even take this serious and that is why this will be my last galaxy line product. I have had galaxy since s3 way to turn your back on your market great job.

Highlighted
Astronaut

Hey

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My s10e is the same and it's getting on my last nerve I have done factory reset and still not working 

@claralon wrote:

I've had the phone for about a week and the pictures are horrible. Always not focused and blurry and even cartoonish from being smooth. I have reset the camera, cleared the cache, updated all my apps. The only thing I haven't done is factory reset. I've also tried changing the settings on the camera and nothing helps. And when I upload to IG the photo quality is even worse. Any advice?

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi Friend, 

After going through a warranty claim or two I found the problem with my blurry camera on the s10. 

The phone case I purchased from my provider (expensive but not a Samsung case) has a magnet right behind the camera to hold the case closed. 

This magnet interfered with the image stabilization and prevented my phone from focusing correctly. 

In retrospect, I wish the Samsung techs would have realized this prior to sending my phone away for repairs.  I have since emailed Samsung to let them know to tell their techs to take the phone out of the cases when testing. The case can help you solve the case Smiley Happy 

Regards

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thanks! Who would have thought!? Tried everything suggested incl factory reset and finally read this on page 5. Removed my 3rd party case and it did the job! 

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

So after this driving me crazy and following everything I read online I fixed it well at least for me. I went into the settings and turned off Scene Optimizer and boom focusing fast like it used too. Hopefully this works for anyone else.

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Turn off the beauty function, its next to the filters after you tap the filter wand. 

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I tried rebooting, clear caches, safe mode and factory reset but nothing worked. 

I have a screen protector on this phone. My front camera was working fine(focused) until a recent update. I tried removing the screen protector and it magically focused. Any idea why an update would do this now? Or could it be that my screen protector is getting bad? I'll have to get a replacement and see if that's the cause or the OS update.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have been having the same issue for more than 7 months now in Europe with my S10+. It was the most expensive phone on the market when I bought it and it was promised to take the best quality photos too. Samsung has replaced the camera two times, the battery and even the screen but it is still blurry, grayish and horrible compared to any previous models. When I asked for the replacement of the phone, I was told that based on their tests the camera is fine and I should use it as it is they are not even going to make any changes or replacements on it. So disappointed, did not expect it from such premium device especially that Samsung is making a fool of me saying that the camera works perfectly when it is obviously worse than any previous models.

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Remove the case. It looks like any case hinders the selfie camera.