cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

S10 Bricked by ITSELF after update ( Stuck on boot loop: tune2fs missing )

This is outrageous. I am a long time android user and am familiar closely with the system. 

I Bought a top end phone from a company like Samsung so that I don't have to face farcical situations like these. 

After the recent update, the S10 crashed itself. Now for hours I have been trying to get to work. 

The update happened succesfully and there was no corruption whatsoever. Samsung was just shoddy with the quality of their update. Now what do I do ? How do I get all my app data ? Utterly disappointed.

#Reboot Recovery Cause is [Binder:1271_7:2235 Recov]#
E:[libfs_mgr]Unable to disable quotas on /dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/userdata because /system/bin/tune2fs is missing
#Reason is [RescueParty]#
Supported API: 3

I am not the only one with the problem : https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Galaxy-S10/Error-message-I-see/td-p/1016027

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: S10 Bricked by ITSELF after update ( Stuck on boot loop: tune2fs missing )

1. I recommend taking your phone to a local uBreakiFix location o have the software reinstalled.  http://bit.ly/2XERsky

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Constellation

I had the same issue. I was able to fix my phone by flashing a ROM manually with Odin but most people will need to get their phones serviced. It's outrageous that a routine monthly security update can brick a $1000 phone.

Constellation

Easy Samsung.

Mere security Patches monthly updates can brick my $1000+ phone... This is unbelievable... you guys need wake up from slumbering ...