cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ldidthat
Astronaut

S10+ Brightness Dimming in Gallery and Netflix Apps

Since I updated my #s10plus in September everytime I go to my gallery app or Netflix the brightness dims or turn my screen to a yellow tint. Adaptive brightness is off.

10 REPLIES 10
Honored Contributor

Re: Brightness

@Ldidthat wrote:

Since I updated my #s10plus in September everytime I go to my gallery app or Netflix the brightness dims or turn my screen to a yellow tint. Adaptive brightness is off.

Just making sure you are not running beta software?

Highlighted
Ldidthat
Astronaut

No beta software

Honored Contributor

@Ldidthat wrote:

No beta software

@Ldidthat 

Wipe cache partition:

1) Turn off the device.
2) Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Bixby key, then press and hold the Power key.
3) When the Android logo displays, release all three keys.
4) An 'Installing system update' message will show for some seconds before the Android system recovery menu options appear.
5) Press the Volume down key several times to highlight wipe cache partition.
6) Press Power key to select.
7) Press the Volume down key to highlight yes, them and press the Power key to select.
8) When the wipe cache partition is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
9) Press the Power key to restart the device.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

You can try these steps, (even if you do not use Play Books). http://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01003288/

Firefist211
Asteroid

I have an s8 and every time i play a game my brightness dims and brightens even though auto darkening is off, and every time it does around my navigation bar there is a blue moving bar. My friend is experiecning the same issue with his s8 active and noone in customer support really seems to know anything.

Honored Contributor

@Firefist211 wrote:

I have an s8 and every time i play a game my brightness dims and brightens even though auto darkening is off, and every time it does around my navigation bar there is a blue moving bar. My friend is experiecning the same issue with his s8 active and noone in customer support really seems to know anything.

@Firefist211 

I have seen similar post over a month ago and couldn't figure out what it was.  Check in battery settings, power settings.  Maybe your phone automatically enters into high performance that has adjustible screen brightness?

Firefist211
Asteroid

Ive searched everywhere in settings i know, and high performance isnt with android 9.

Samsung Care Ambassador

It could be a setting in the Amazon Kindle app. Try:

1. Open Amazon Kindle
  2. Open a book
  3. Click on the "Aa" icon along the top
  4. Disable the night mode

Note: it seems that they have moved the setting in the latest version of the Kindle app. Not sure where it is. 

Firefist211
Asteroid

Re: S10+ Brightness Dimming in Gallery and Netflix Apps

Update: i finally found my issue and resolved it. My game tools had an option for temp monitoring and it was automatically enabled. Also your yellow tint was blue light filter.