cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

S10 Edge No Sound and Videos playing on fast forward!r

Hi there! Hoping someone can help - I have a Samsung Galaxy S10 Edge and after a routine restart of the phone this is what happened:

SYMPTOMS

a) all videos regardless of the application used are playing on fastforward with no sound (maybe 4x speed - sometimes not smooth 4x speed either, the frames seem to skip). This happens on all apps incl youtube, netflix, amazon prime, including videos I have been sent via WhatsApp. 

b) there is no sound on the phone at all - nothing when I play music, it doesn't ring when someone calls me, and even though i can pick up the call, I can't hear the other person's voice and they cant hear mine

c) I just tried to take a video on my camera and it seemed to jam when I hit "stop" (ie the video didnt capture at all, I was able to start recording but it didnt let me stop the recording, i had to close down camera app)

d) Also the weird thing is bluetooth earphones work (sound comes back on and videos play at normal speed) but PLUG IN earphones dont work (no sound and videos still fast forwarded)

ATTEMPTED FIXES THAT DID NOT WORK

1. Restart multiple times

2. Reset app preferences

3. Play with Dolby settings (restore to default, turn off/on) 

4. Wipe cache preferences using volume up/down buttons then rebooting

5. Adjusting all the volume settings to make sure nothing was muted

6. Turn phone on on safe mode to ensure it wasnt the apps that were buggy (and played a video I had stored on my phone but same issue)

The phone is an international phone purchased in the UK but I am using it in Australia now. 

Please help! Thank you in advance!

10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: S10 Edge No Sound and Videos playing on fast forward!r

@userHk7sm7B7JK Have you tried clearing the cache partition on your phone? 

1. Turn off the device.
  2. Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Bixby key, then press and hold the Power key.
  3. When the Android logo displays, release all three keys.
  4. An 'Installing system update' message will show for 30 - 60 seconds before the Android system recovery menu options appear.
  5. Press the Volume down key several times to highlight wipe cache partition.
  6. Press Power key to select.
  7. Press the Volume down key to highlight yes, them and press the Power key to select.
  8. When the wipe cache partition is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
  9. Press the Power key to restart the device.
Highlighted
Constellation

Hi there thank you very much for your response - yes I had already tried wiping cache partition as described and unfortunately it didn't work. The unusual thing is with bluetooth earphones the problem seems to disappear, however with plug in earphones the problem persists. Thank you anyway!

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

@userHk7sm7B7JK Can you send me a private message using this link here? Provide the following information.

• Model number
  • IMEI number
Highlighted
Astronaut

Hi, same as user above, tried everything listed. (mine is a samsung a50 though) any ideas?

Thanks

Will

Highlighted
Astronaut

Hello, I have a Galaxy A50 and the same thing i happenning to me too. I hope someone has  fix for this. Thank you and i'm hoping for a fix.

Highlighted
Constellation

I also have a galaxy A50,any idea how to fix this problem? 

Highlighted
Asteroid

Also having the same problem after the system update. I have completed a factory reset as well

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

If you are using a US device give this link a try: http://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01001255/

If you have an international device I would recommend reaching out to the country in which your device was manufactured for use for further assistance with the appropriate troubleshooting for your device: http://www.samsung.com/visitcountry

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Asteroid

That information you are giving is what we are already doing. I've factory reset my phone 3 times and it still plays videos fast and there is no audio for anything including phone calls. I've also noticed that you can't record video. Let's admit that something in the last update has messed up some phones.  Samsung is having me send in my phone to fix it so I suggest others contact them to do the same. Unfortunately these message boards are full of people who know nothing but reseting a phone. If you don't actually know how to fix the problem please do not respond and waste our time.