cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: S10: Keyboard lagging after April (One ui 2.1) Update

I'm having the exact same issue, thank God I'm not the only one. I didn't find anything in the Italian community and I was worried. Tried everything you did, nothing changed. Only thing I also noticed is that amongst the system apps I now have two Samsung Keyboard apps. One is the 4.9.00.07 version and it reads "deprecated" near the name. The other one is version 5.0.10.41 and it reads as installed on the 26th April, the day on which I updated my phone. I tried deleting cache and data of both of them (the "deprecated" one had way more data in it, I supposed it's the one which I was using before the update). None of them can be uninstalled though. Also, I uninstalled the SK Neural Beta. So far, it looks like it's working better, but still not like it used to.
PS: another issue I'm having, I also have multiple languages (Italian-English-German) and after the update it keeps on randomly switching from one to the other, as if I'm swiping the keyboard, but I don't and it's highly unlikely that my fingers have gotten fat over one week

Highlighted
Constellation

What seems to have resolved the issue for me is disabling Keyboard toolbar in Samsung keyboard settings. Granted, I now have no access to emojis, but at least my OVERPRICED phone isnt behaving like total garbage while typing on it.

Highlighted
Astronaut

I have an S10 and I'm going through the same thing. My keyboard is practically unusable. It lags so much. Never had a problem before this update. I've cleared the cache, app data, done a factory reset and nothing. I've also disabled the toolbar and simplified the settings right down to no avail. I use my phone for work as well, and it's killing me.

Highlighted
Constellation

Keyboard lagging after recent Keyboard App Upgade.

Hi,

My (default) Keyboard is starting to hang while typing after the recent Keyboard app upgrade from Galaxy Store. Any tweaks or rollbacks possible to fix this?

Phone: S10+ Exynos Dual 8GB/128GB

Highlighted
Astronaut

Re: Keyboard lagging after recent Keyboard App Upgade.

Same here. It seems many users are having this problem. It's all over the forums.

Highlighted
Astronaut

Same here!!! I threw the samsung keyboard app through the window and started using microsoft's own keyboard app. Its not awesome, but at least it DOESN'T LAG!!

So.. how does a big company like Samsung does'nt have the simplest regression test for their  keyboard???  How is it that 2(!) months has passed and NO ONE at Samsung is doing anything to fix it??

Oh, "clean the keyboard cache" they said, which works only for a couple of mins. I say.. fire the lousy software developer who introduced this annoying bug, and his Team Leader for not discovering this before it gets installed in tens of millions of devices!! 

Highlighted
Constellation

Hello,

I've been experiencing the same issue and it's driving me nuts!

In short, it's a terrible lag in the keyboard which makes it almost imposible to type. Moreover, some times the keyboard types itself.

Please, Samsung do something about it. Currently, I am using the samsung native keyboard, I changed from Gboard to the latter expecting the problem could be resolved, however it is clear that is not an app problem but a system issue.

I have clear cache, changed settings, turn off some in app setting to try to make the keyboard more lite. 

No improvement.

Highlighted
Constellation

P.S. 

I'm switching back to iPhone. Never had a keyboard issue before, c'mon it's an essential tool of a phone. Can't fail.