cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

S10: Keyboard lagging after April (One ui 2.1) Update

Hello,  

since the new April 2020 (One UI 2.1) update my keyboard is lagging.  

Makes itself more and more noticeable when I write several characters and therefore several lines in messages. The first line is still ok but already a bit slower...from the second and third lines it gets worse. No matter which app.  

I did the update, then whiped the cache partition and also deleted the keyboard cache and deleted the keyboard data to set everything that has to do with it to 0.

I also reseted the complete general phone settings to resolve this problem and it didnt help.

I use the normal Samsung keyboard with language German and English.  

I have hided the whole toolbar around the keyboard now and tried different settings for it. Unfortunately it didnt work either. Problem only exist since I made the update. Before anything was fine.

Does any of you have the same problem or do you know what to do ? Its really annoying and bad to write on the phone since the update. 

Im grateful for any help.

15 REPLIES 15
Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: S10: Keyboard lagging after April (One ui 2.1) Update

Till now no one replied and on the german board i also made that post and people said they have the same problem since that update and did also a complete factory reset and so on...as i did too now and it didnt help at all.

I hope Samsung can tell something to this issue and will fix it very fast.

Highlighted
Asteroid

That's unfortunate because the keyboard update is what I am waiting for the most....still not here in the US though it should land any day now.

Highlighted
Asteroid

Yes...i also hoped for an good update but it messed my keyboard completely up. Makes someone crazy to write something and is always responding in a different way. Samsung themselves didnt say one word yet to the issue but on the german community i found others having the same trouble also.

Hope there will be a fix. I have the phone since 2 weeks now and was able to use it normal only 1...maybe i should give it back to shop...Anyone from Samsung listening ?

Highlighted
Astronaut

Hey Guys,

I got the same problem as mentioned by you. Just leaving this information here hoping that Samsung will take care of this problem.

Typing on the Samsung keyboard feels really awful at the moment for me...

Greetings 

Leo

Highlighted
Astronaut

I am having the same ussue with the italian update.

So laggy! Unusable keyboard, embarassing.
I hope they update it very soon.

Highlighted
Asteroid

Seems Samsung doesnt really care. On the german community i also posted it and also at Samsung Members but no help yet and no reaction from Samsung at all about it.

They messed up the update and broke my phone badly and from many other people and no reaction ?!

I will not forget that the next time when i recommend a phone or buy myself a new one.

If it wouldnt be my only phone for the moment i would throw it.

Highlighted
Astronaut

I have the exact problem since the update. I have the phone since 20th march i think and one week later i made the update and since then trouble with the keyboard.

Also did a factory reset but didnt help.

I talked with the support on phone and they told me they dont know anything about such a problem. I told them i read on the communities that more people have it.

All people who have this problem please contact the samsung support on phone to report the problem. If they know there is a problem then maybe they can do something about it. They need to know it.

Highlighted
Astronaut

I am.having the exact same problem. son far turning off predictive text has helped. it was very useful fir me, but I guess it beats the lag

Highlighted
Asteroid

I have the same problem here in Canada as well. GALAXY S10+ SNAPDRAGON 855

The new keyboard lags and doesn't enter letters properly regardless of the app.

I have also tested chrooma keyboard on my s10+ as well since the one ui 2.1 update and it lags the same way too so perhaps this is a bigger issue than just the keyboard itself?...

I have also noticed that the fingerprint unlock is EXTREMELY slow and large/ choppy (even more than before) since the one ui 2.1 update as well.

Come on Samsung... DO SOMETHING ABOUT THIS...

This seriously makes me want to go back to using my Huawei P30 PRO cause sine the EMUI 10 update on that device it is SMOOTH AS BUTTER and FAST AS LIGHTING!!!