Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userzyTEQEUgaB
Cosmic Ray

S10+ Lemon Nightmare and now it won't turn on

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi,

I pre-ordered the Galaxy S10+ on February 21th, one day after announcement. I purchased with different promotions including, using some of my samsung pay points, $50 accesories discount (reservation discount) and purchased during the promotion of the free galaxy buds.

Because of this, I cannot just return because it would be a mess, I no longer have the galaxy buds and the dex cable to return and I had already sent my trade-in, according to samsung, I'd lose my trade-in if I return the S10, which had a value of more than $300 if I had sold it instead of sending in as trade-in

"Can I get my trade-in device back if I decide to return my new Samsung device?
No, if you return your New Samsung Device after you have sent in your old device, you will not be reimbursed for any refund or other value for the Trade-In Device credit that was deducted from the purchase price of your New Samsung Device."

https://www.samsung.com/us/trade-in/frequently-asked-questions/?CID=afl-ecomm-cjn-cha-092118-52057&c...

The first two problems with the phone were moderate and was still considering just keep it because of the mess it would be to return:

1) First, I know there is some normal variation on AMOLED panels, I love samsung AMOLED panels and have owned every S and Note flagship since the S3 but with the S10+ the display turns extremely red if I tilt it slightly like 10 degrees, very noticeable in white backgroundswith all the phones with AMOLED I have owned the only other time I had something similar was with the S8 but that was not as extreme and still it was replaced on site since it was purchased at costco. Color calibratio setting don't help as the problem is the color shift not the actual colors looking from the front.

2) The sound of the speakers, while a little louder is a lot worse quality sound compared to my note 9,a lot of distorsion (the phone has NEVER been wet or even on a damp environment such as in the bathroom with the shower on) so not sure if one if the speakers is defective as well.

Then the third problem was really a deal breaker and the fourth problem made the phone useless:

3) The battery drainage was extremely high, it didn't last more than 4 hours, I did a factory reset and didn't install any app except for one to monitor the current and it was still extremely high between -800 mah and - 1500 mah without any installed app, it seems like defective hardware although not sure if it was the battery or something else like the SoC being defective and drawing excessive amount of power

4) The phone was around 40% and it went front 40% to 0% in a few hours and forgot to charge for a few hours and now it is completely dead and doesn't turn on at all I tried multiple cable chargers, wireless chargers and still it doesn't turn on I left it overnight with the charger that came in the box then overnight with a cable connected to a laptop and it doesn't even go to recovery mode.

Samsung reps are doing all they can and trying too hard to avoid me sending it to them for warranty repair for some reason they keep telling me to use the return option and give up my trade in and if I keep insisting on repair they start asking "is there anything else I can help you with today?" and ending the chat or the call. Pretty frustrating. 

Is there any way to reach a real person in samsung who isn't a robot copying and pasting the same script over and over? Really this extrmely poor customer service is the main reason why Apple sell more iPhones than Samsung sell their flagships.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: S10+ Lemon Nightmare and now it won't turn on

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I apologize for this experience. Can I have your full model code and IMEI number via private message? I would like to assist you further.

11 REPLIES 11
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I apologize for this experience. Can I have your full model code and IMEI number via private message? I would like to assist you further.

userzyTEQEUgaB
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you so much mods SamsungLarry, SamsungJustin and SamsungAdam for following up on this issue.

It was resolved way faster that I expected and as soon as the repair center determined the lemon was unrepairable, samsung sent a replacement (brand new phone) next day.

The replacement is amazing, display is beautiful and perfect, no more red, speakers sound way better without distortion, phone does not get too hot and battery life up to 18 hours with ~7 hours SOT!

Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

So glad to hear of a good experience. Way to go moderators! And thank you to the OP for following up with the results. 

Would you mind elaborating how long it took Samsung to get you your replacement from the time you dropped it in the mail to the time the replacement arrived at your door? Like how many days? 

If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response resolved your issue, please press the "✓ Accept as Solution" button.

Best regards,
ChazzyJ
Samsung Care Ambassador
user7BaNrhRYlh
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

How were you able to get a replacement? I’m told I will be without a phone for 10 to 14 days as I will have to send my phone to Samsung without a replacement phone. Did you go through your carrier or was Samsung able to help?

Highlighted
userSqR18tnsGG
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I was told 6 to 8 weeks if I sent mine in for them to inspect or repair.  2 months that they will not stop billing me for, nor send me a loaner phone.  But if I bring in one of my old s5's that I still have, they'll activate it (if they can) and let me use it.  Awesome.  For $200 I can use the  phones  I've owned for years while they continute charge me for phones I just bought.  

On a brighter side, after a grand total of 16 hours talking to different sprint and samsung people, my return kits showed up in the mail today.  If any of you happen to get my old phones as a "replacement" to yours, sorry but you're NOT going to be happy.

Samsung has sold me their absolute last phone.  I'm going to use a pair of old s8's so I at least have a pair of working phones while I decide what to go to next.

userw4V5LkgWPx
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same exact thing happened to my S10. Battery died while i was asleep and no matter how long or what method I use it wont turn on. Can i receive the same assistance and resolution as OP

userpTDqHofKHO
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same has happened with my s10 5g. Only had the phone two weeks and now went to sleep last night and it had turned off and won't turn back on. Please help Samsung I am so disappointed as I have paid 1100 pounds for this phone. 

userbV6YkxtkyX
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I just had this exact same issue. I can't turn my phone on at all. I have tried multiple Wal chargers, a wireless charger, and letting it trickle charger from a computer.

I am so disappointed with Samsung as this comes after not having service for a few weeks before they fixed that with an update. This will definitely be my last Samsung device I own after being a loyal customer for a long time, but I need some sort of working phone in the meantime. I hope Samsung can send me a replacement expedited as I have been told it can take 3 weeks that I will have to go without any phone. Please can a Samsung rep on here help me out

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userbV6YkxtkyX Can I please have your full model number and IMEI in a private message: http://bit.ly/2JH2rq2