cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userkvgvqTP0XF
Asteroid

S10 Plus Fingerprint Sensor not Responding STILL!!

So, I can't post on a previous post about this issue for some reason, I get this error when I click "reply"     "Sorry, unable to complete the action you requested." Even after opening a new brower or trying on my phone. 

But serveral of us are having the problem the fingerprint scanner is not responding.... I have did everything to clear the cache, to go in safe mode, and then I finally factory reset my phone and it fixed it for a bit but the same problem came back. I took my phone to a Best Buy since that's what a Samsung tech told me to do. Best Buy said it was a hardware failure and to take it back to my carrier. Verizon, my carrier is amazing! I don't know if they are sending a replacement since we are on a business account or what....but they are sending me a replaced phone in a couble of days, and I will have to send this one back. Hopefully the replacement won't have the same problem. I just wanted to let others know, in case they have the same problem...

Model: SM-G975U

9 REPLIES 9
Ken C
Cosmic Ray

Re: S10 Plus Fingerprint Sensor not Responding STILL!!

What kind of problem is it? Does it not even allow you to try a fingerprint, or does it say it's not recognizing your finger?

userkvgvqTP0XF
Asteroid

First thank you for replying,  It doesn't allow you to try a fingerprint. It gives a error saying something like fingerprint sensor is not responding, please try again later.. 

user4NIfz1TrAO
Constellation

Mine stopped working since yesterday.

user4NIfz1TrAO
Constellation

No feedback, just plain not working. I tried to reregister my fingerprint, the sensor just stopped working.

Maker_Bayfield
Asteroid

My s10 does the same thing!

I also have tried everything!

I took it to the ubreakitifixit store that Samsung sent me to.  They said they download an update but issue reoccured before I even made it home.

I went to my carrier, Sprint. They could have cared less.

No one seems to hae an answer.

Model SM-G973U

userkvgvqTP0XF
Asteroid

Update:

I received the new s10+  from Verizon on Aug 8th, transferred every over and so far no problems with the phone. I haven't opened developer options on this new s10+, I DON'T think opening developer's option would cause the fingerprint scanner to stop working as someone mentioned in another post on the Samsung forums, because after factory resetting the first s10+ I did not open the developer's option and the fingerprint scanner stopped working after a week. The only thing I do in developers option is to change the animation speeds. 

Samsung_grwx3UM
Astronaut

Mine says fingerprint not responding as well.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

@Samsung_grwx3UM Does this issue still happen when your phone is in safe mode?

userDdVlnbcLdA
Constellation

Same here