JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

S10 Plus Sprint Connectivity Issues Solved

(Topic created: 06-12-2019 09:23 AM)
user9ricHifzrv
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I have an S10 Plus on Sprint (USA) network and my phone drops calls, doesn't show LTE, and flashes the "Unable to establish data connection" error randomly. A PRL/Profile refresh fixed the problem temporarily, but then it randomly crashes again.

I took the phone to Sprint where they ran a diagnostic and explained that Samsung released an update that burned out antennas and they ordered me a replacement. I haven't received it yet, but anyone with these issues needs to take their phone to Sprint and have them run the diagnostic. I put up with this issue for awhile since neither Samsung or Sprint publicized it. 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
ChrisWNY
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Your replacement phone could exhibit the same issues...as one reply has already noted, some customers have received multiple S10's because the replacements failed as well. Make sure the latest firmware updates are installed the instant you get past initial setup on your replacement S10. Your S10 may arrive with the latest firmware installed. If that's the case, it shouldn't have any problems.

Sprint was the first to receive the update...the other carriers (Verizon, AT&T, and T-Mobile) also had the same issues with S10's losing mobile network connectivity. All the carriers have since pushed out updates that prevent the mobile network connectivity problems. If any S10's exhibited network problems prior to the update, those S10's all needed to be replaced/repaired because at that point the hardware had already failed. No software update will fix fried hardware.

If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response helped resolve your issue, please press the "✓ Accept as Solution" button. Thanks!

View solution in context

10 Replies
Samsung_Gk48Lv3
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I personally exchange 3 times my phone in sprint..I'm going tomorrow again..thanks for the info

0 Likes
Solution
ChrisWNY
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Your replacement phone could exhibit the same issues...as one reply has already noted, some customers have received multiple S10's because the replacements failed as well. Make sure the latest firmware updates are installed the instant you get past initial setup on your replacement S10. Your S10 may arrive with the latest firmware installed. If that's the case, it shouldn't have any problems.

Sprint was the first to receive the update...the other carriers (Verizon, AT&T, and T-Mobile) also had the same issues with S10's losing mobile network connectivity. All the carriers have since pushed out updates that prevent the mobile network connectivity problems. If any S10's exhibited network problems prior to the update, those S10's all needed to be replaced/repaired because at that point the hardware had already failed. No software update will fix fried hardware.

If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response helped resolve your issue, please press the "✓ Accept as Solution" button. Thanks!

user9ricHifzrv
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Once I got the new phone I bypassed the April update and installed the May one. My replacement has worked fine. 

Nuk77
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones

How did you bypass the April update? As soon as I get a new phone it always asks me to update to April's update before allowing the may update. Did you flash the firmware? My solution was flashing G975USQU1ASAT firmware which is a tmobiles original update and it works with sprint I have been running it with no issues until they release a new update from sprint. 

0 Likes
Members_WYjw5Us
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I have been to 4 t-moble locations and I am still having problems.  They are planning to send me a new phone but will that truly solve the problem?  Or should they be recalled? Is it a hardware problem? This is very troubling! Samsung is a reputable company and they should look into this  matter much closer.  They need to recall or replace with a different type of phone.

0 Likes
userNL9u6KXAWU
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I received the replacement and after a week started having the same issue again. 

0 Likes
userNL9u6KXAWU
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

The SPRINT /SAMSUNG S10+ issues still randomly crash again. VERY annoying.

0 Likes
ChrisWNY
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S Phones

If you're experiencing random crashing - 3rd-party apps may be the cause. You can power the device off and boot into Safe mode (just hold the power button while the device is on then hold the "power off" icon until it says "Safe mode"and allow the S10 to reboot into it). Check to find out if the crashes occur while in Safe mode. Deleting the cache partition resolves many of the app crash behavior people are posting about - power off the S10, then hold volume up + bixby button + power button until Recovery loads. While in Recovery, choose to "wipe the cache partition" then reboot. Most of the time that will fix the random crashing. If all else fails, a factory data reset is a last resort. That'll reset the firmware back to factory and allow you to start fresh with a stable firmware.

0 Likes
Atlas
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Alright the whole thing with this phone has to be either one thing, is either major hardware flaw or perhaps software. Because the connection will not stay stable at all, the only hot fix! That was done was turning off Band 41 Lte.

That seems to work under Sprint.

0 Likes