cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kidqwik
Asteroid

S10+ Reception & Signal Issues

I have the S10+ on Verizon and I've been having nothing but problems with it keeping a 4G signal. I didn't have that problem with the S8+. I'm in an area with great Verizon coverage as well. It constantly drops the 4G signal to 3G, 1G or no G's. When you turn on Airplane mode and then off again, 4G will be working again with full bars. It seems this is happening across all carriers with different S10 models, but mostly I see the complaints about the S10+ When will Samsung address this issue and fix it if it's a software update. If it's a hardware issue(some have said the first batch of S10+s have defective hardware), when will Samsung admit to it and replace our phones???
13 REPLIES 13
Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: S10+ Reception & Signal Issues

Are you running the latest software/firmware on there? The S10+'s no doubt have had issues with 4G/LTE connectivity across multiple carriers. In some cases the device has to be replaced/repaired as the problem may not be corrected by a software update. If you've owned your S10+ for 14 days or less, I'd return it for a new one. If you're beyond 14 days, return policies will vary based on where you bought it. It's unlikely that Samsung would ever recall anything unless it was a fire/safety hazard...as the Note 7 was a few years back. You can send the S10+ in for repair but plan on being without it for at least a couple of weeks. If it's found defective, Samsung will replace the motherboard or replace with a refurb.

If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response helped resolve your issue, please press the "✓ Accept as Solution" button. Thanks!

kidqwik
Asteroid

I've had it since the second week it was released and my BestBuy finally got my pre-order it.  It was manufactured on 3/01/19 in Vietnam.   I have a Samsung Store not far from me and I called them and they said they would be able to replace the Motherboard the same day.  It takes about an hr, but it would be withing the 10-6pm range for when it would be ready.

userE8R1We1FXQ
Cosmic Ray

I had one of these phones with the same problem. It is a...

I had one of these phones with the same problem. It is a known defect with some of the S10's. I finally got mine replaced after a month. I have Sprint and they working with Samsung to replace these defective phones for free but first I had to take it to a repair store and all this other things then they finally told me they would send me a replacement. It was a hassle but my replacement is working fine so far. Fingers crossed.

kidqwik
Asteroid

Re: I had one of these phones with the same problem. It is a...

I have insurance on the phone so hopefully they'll send me a new one then I send old one back.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Unlocked S10+ here purchased directly from Samsung. Reception very poor (0 bars) on Sprint and T-Mobile. Same carriers on my Google Pixel 3a get way better reception (3-4 bars). 

Samsung Care Ambassador

You might have a defective S10+. I know that Sprint "repair" centers have software they can use for testing for the "LTE defect". If their test indicates a mobile network connectivity defect (aka bad modem), the device will need to be replaced or "repaired". Which route you go depends on when you purchased your S10+, and where from...some retailers are better about exchanges than others. Length of time varies by State and by retailer.

Before you throw in the towel and go the replace/repair route, which can be tedious and time consuming, if you're using a case, try taking the case off and observe how the S10+ does when it's bare naked. If things improve without the case, look for another case to purchase. A lot of online tech reviewers that reviewed the S10 noted that certain cases can interfere with signal quality on S10's, especially the S10+.

If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response helped resolve your issue, please press the "✓ Accept as Solution" button. Thanks!

kidqwik
Asteroid

I think it's defective.  The case doesn't matter.  It will be at 4g, drop to 3G or no G, bars, and if I put it in Airplane mode and then turn it off it will be back at 4G, full bars.  Verizon told me to replace the sim card.  Did that, same deal.  They said factory reset it, but I know that's not going to do it and I don't want to even bother trying until it's someplace going to be fixed or replaced.  Not worth the aggrevation to do that twice and have to rebuild the settings and installs of my phone.  Looks like Samsung store it will go.  But I'm hearing that when the MOBO is swapped out, the phone may not be as waterproof as it was before and that is an issue. I shouldn't be a new phone that is broken out of the box and then get a fix for the broken part of it only to have another pop up again. 

Samsung Care Ambassador

The waterproof issue is a good point...lots of glue/sealant that has to be cut through in order to service the phone. That being said however, the warranty still applies regardless of whether or not the waterproofing is re-done properly. If your S10 gets wet and short circuits a couple of months later, the device would have to be replaced under warranty.

As for factory resetting...if I were you I'd exhaust all measures before sending the S10 in for repair. I'm not saying factory resetting is gonna help...but what if it does? Personally I'd prefer a complete re-flash direct to the latest firmware...a re-flash wipes the system and all data off your S10, totally clean slate. The process isn't difficult but you'll need to research online as to how to go about doing your own re-flash (I can't go into details here). Backup your S10 to Samsung cloud before factory resetting...restoring from the Cloud and getting your device back into the state it was in before the reset does not take that long. It's worth trying IMO.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

I recommend reaching out to your carrier regarding this.