cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: S10/S10+ Fingerprint sensor not working

I'm glad that the problem fixed itself.  I hope you have many happy years with Samsung @userMbQBeJ1Dxy!

userMbQBeJ1Dxy
Asteroid

James I'm not making this up. As soon as I made the last post the fingerprint sensor stopped working properly again, as in it won't work again!!! Trying to use it with my Lastpass app and it won't recognize either fingerprint

userMbQBeJ1Dxy
Asteroid

And it won't unlock my phone either!!!! All of a sudden it stopped working!!!!

userMbQBeJ1Dxy
Asteroid

Restarted phone, use pin to get in and then put phone to sleep and sensor won't unlock phone no matter what I do. Was working and then its not 😫😫😫

Samsung Care Ambassador

I've noticed that the sensor won't read my thumbprint if it's really dry for some reason. Try unlocking it again but with a little moisture on your thumb let me know if it works

Comet

Are you using a screen protector? Also look up some videos on YouTube, there is a certain way you should use it to make sure it works best, a lot of people were pressing on it too hard, or holding the finger on too long... I don't have the phone yet myself, but from the videos that I watched if sounds like a light, quick tap on it is all it needs.

userZwNbQ4DFIo
Constellation

I tapped for 2 seconds several times and it worked great! I am so glad I read this reply because the scanner was driving me crazy. But that really works, or I should say it works for me. Thanks!

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Hey everyone! For those having the issues AFTER the update, make sure that you try deleting and re-registering your fingerprint. Also –  turn up the touch sensitivity in the settings as this can help have a better user experience as well.

Highlighted
userHD2SBQGt3S
Asteroid

1000% agree. If this doesn't improve almost instantly, I'm returning it. I'll get the S10e with the conventional (and very reliable) fingerprint reader on the power button. My success rate is less than 20%. And this is after carefully using all sorts of different angles while registering my fingerprints. I really wanted this S10 to work, but it is way off the mark right this second. I wonder if the rumored update is a) real and b) really going to help.

Samsung Care Ambassador

@userHD2SBQGt3S the update is real. Hopefully it will improve some issues certain people are having.