JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

S10/S10+ Led Notification Light Missing

(Topic created: 04-09-2020 08:54 AM)
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Is the LED Notification light missing from the S10 phone, if it is is there a workaround to get it, or will there be an update and they will add it? 

Also if it is, I am very disappointed and considering not getting the new phone.  

517 Replies
Undrtkr83
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I use holey light app. Works great and looks better than just a blinking led. I had a note and missed the led so I found this app.

Emoto
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Have you noticed whether Holey Light eats a lot of battery? 

0 Likes
uservhpjPDkBGG
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

What really gets me with this, is that we are told a work around is in the pipeline. It isnt. The phone isnt far off a year old, and i hear on the grapevine it was never on the cards. Dunno why samsung feels the need to lie to its customers. Again. 

0 Likes
userwaY0TSgF0I
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

thanks for the post! I have had simillar issues I had to fix for my headless chrome project here 0browser 

0 Likes
medicmomsi
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I would like to add my EXTREME DISSATISFACTION  about the removal of the Status LED. I  had a Galaxy S7 and like being able to see at a reasonable distance, my charging status.

I also have long used an app caled Light Flow, which uses different colored illumination of that LED to show me if I have messages waiting, urgent or emergency notifications, email, etc. I can set priorities to show the most urgent.

Not every owner is 25 years old with perfect eyesight. In bed at night, I can see that LED without putting my glasses on. The Always On Display show dark, tiny notificatiions that require I pick up the phone, bring it close and wear glasses to read.

The best temporary solution I have  thats close is an app AOD Notify Pro, that uses the camera hole LED, and its way too dark..actually dims when the AOD is on ..so its hard to see. I cant use Light Flow, so all the information conveyed by it is not there.
That app will not use the edge lighting feature when the AOD is on, so thats essentially useless.

RETURN THE LED!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Galaxy S Phones

@medicmomsi wrote:

I would like to add my EXTREME DISSATISFACTION  about the removal of the Status LED. I  had a Galaxy S7 and like being able to see at a reasonable distance, my charging status.

I also have long used an app caled Light Flow, which uses different colored illumination of that LED to show me if I have messages waiting, urgent or emergency notifications, email, etc. I can set priorities to show the most urgent.

Not every owner is 25 years old with perfect eyesight. In bed at night, I can see that LED without putting my glasses on. The Always On Display show dark, tiny notificatiions that require I pick up the phone, bring it close and wear glasses to read.

The best temporary solution I have  thats close is an app AOD Notify Pro, that uses the camera hole LED, and its way too dark..actually dims when the AOD is on ..so its hard to see. I cant use Light Flow, so all the information conveyed by it is not there.
That app will not use the edge lighting feature when the AOD is on, so thats essentially useless.

RETURN THE LED!

I'm happy to see that I'm not the only one with this whole problem. Geno71 said it right, it's not going to change so move on. Thus this is what I'm doing and it won't be a Samsung. Due to this virus situation, my back and knee operations have been put off. It keeps me from sitting at the computer to do the things I need to do and to not have the notification light avaiable to see if i miss a doctors call or a family call is just adding to my frustration. So for the handicap, it seems to be kind of of a discrimatory act. I'm also looking into that. I hate going to extremes. However if this help you, I gleaned this from Apples website and conversation. Mind you it not a one shot hit for the notifcation. It will remain doing it until you service it. - The iPhone does, however, include an accessibility feature for the deaf and hearing impaired that uses the LED flash to provide a visible cue for incoming notifications.

I've just purchased the New 2020 iPad and gave me two Smasung ipads away. Slow, Slow slow. Their new S5e Tablet isn't much better for for a couple of hundred dollars more, I get the speed and much more.

Good luck with your indevaers and stay safe.

HogCall
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

All I know is that I won't be buying another phone that doesn't have a notification LED light.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Well, don't hold your breath, a  lot of the manufactureres are going that way just for the sake of good looking screen. I didn't have any problems with the other screens. I honestly believe they would make a better camera than a phone. If you need that extravagant of a camera, then buy a CAMERA!

0 Likes
HogCall
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

@Anonymous wrote:

Well, don't hold your breath, a  lot of the manufactureres are going that way just for the sake of good looking screen. I didn't have any problems with the other screens. I honestly believe they would make a better camera than a phone. If you need that extravagant of a camera, then buy a CAMERA!

Who said anything about a camera?  lol

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Galaxy S Phones

The manufacturers. If you read the articles on CNET etc phone manufactueres are making the public camera sensitive. When they came out in 2018 with the lastest screen technologly oled, it was to satisfy gammers and picture freaks. They have totally forgotten it's supposed to be a phone. So you have a high priced gadget that when they update you have to go in and change most of your setting back to the way you had them, or the phone dies and you have to do a hard reset, but let it be forbidden that it's supposed to be a phone to talk and text with. No one said camera but me. It just adds more cost to the phone and then in four to five years if your lucky, it's a usless piece of junk. (Just saying)

0 Likes