JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

S10/S10+ Led Notification Light Missing

(Topic created: 05-19-2020 10:48 AM)
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Is the LED Notification light missing from the S10 phone, if it is is there a workaround to get it, or will there be an update and they will add it? 

Also if it is, I am very disappointed and considering not getting the new phone.  

517 Replies
useroQUYcmYHD7
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Samsung, you are so dumb to take the indicator light away.  Seriously who is your UX leader?  What an idiotic move.  Why go backwards?  I'm returning my phone and looking elsewhere.  What a shame.  Pure stupidity.

0 Likes
medicmomsi
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I have discovered ther is a satisfactory work around currently available. Been using it a few weeks and pretty satisfied. The App aodNotify Pro uses the hidden and unmentioned by Samsung cameral surround LED.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.jamworks.alwaysondisplay

You can set it to show Battery charging, charged, Low. EMail, Text Message,Facebook Messenger arrivals, and notifications for most of your installed apps.

You can set brightness, flkash rate, width  of the display circle and edge lighting when notifications arrive. Its beena pretty reliable performer.

Emoto
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

A few questions, if you don't mind. So many people here are interested in a solution. 

The big question is: If I have it set to show a notification, like if i got a new text, does the notification light stay on until I read the text, or does it go out after some period of time, whether I have read the text or not? 

Did you try the free version, and if so, was it good enough? If not how was it lacking? Do you happen to recall how much the pro version cost? 

Thanks for your time!

0 Likes
medicmomsi
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Ive been using the app for several weeks, tinkering with settings, but Im not the designer. That said:
several settings- under NOTIFICATION CLEARED set Only if notification cleared
Also set under DISPLAY TIME- the maximum of 12 hours.

That will keep your notification flashing for 12 hours( most people will look at their phone in 12 hours..and if its sitting longer you are more concerned about battery life. The notification and light will clear when you swipe down your notification panel and swipe away that notification.
If you just swipe the panel down to read it but dont clear the notification, the LED should continue to show it so you can keep the reminder

Suggestions:Choose a different color for your notifications. Voicemail, Texts and FB -I do yellow, email blue, battery status red-low, pink-charging, Green fully charged

Red events are the urgent ones- battery low, severe weather event nearby(using my weather app), Waze light blue.. you get the idea. This way you have an idea of the type of notification and urgency in reading.

I chose SHOW ALTERNATELY so when you have different types of notifications it will flash Red then blue, then green over and over so you see the 3 types of notes waiting

I chose the notification style Screen edges- when screen is on; and Camera Edge when screen is off..this gives the best noticeability.. at least for me

DIMENSIONS- make the camera edge thickness about 70% and size about 10%..it makes it easier to notice if your eyesight isnt that of a 20 year old, when phone is sitting on a table

You can also alter its brightness by adjusting the Samsung Always on display brightness. I find this needed as I keep the phone on the night table when I go to sleep..too dim I cant see anyting on the screen, too bright it keeps me awake.
As to the Pro version.. I t dont recall why I paid for pro to be honest. Im pretty certain the free version was fully functional but might have had ad appearances, or I was just so glad this guy designed it, I threw him a few bucks to say thanks.
Good luck

HogCall
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

This app may have litteraly kept me from trading in my phone for something else. Thanks!

0 Likes
userPcwpqK1QKE
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I was gonna order a new Samsung s10 today. But I guess I'm not anymore, because of this feature missing.

user72KAozIfPa
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I bought a S10+ last Saturday and I just returned it today solely because of the lack of the indicator lights. It's a feature that I have counted on for years and the lack of this simple device was a deal breaker for me. I went back to my old S7 and couldn't be happier. The Verizon store amanger just didnlt understand that I didn't want the S10+ for that one reason, but it's that important to me. Apparently after reading these commnets. I'm not the only one. It was a foolish move for Samsung to make.

Leinz
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Use the AOE app for a camera ring led. I have it setup on mine. Guess Samsung is working on it. 

If my reply has aided your issue please consider liking it. If the problem is solved you may pick it as a solution.
0 Likes
Spore64
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Nice video on this app. 

https://youtu.be/FSLbzsrXDHQ

This will use the LED around your camera cutout and more as a notification. Credit: Always on edge
0 Likes
uservgDRFDjBRj
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Does it work for default messaging app?

0 Likes