JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

S10/S10+ Led Notification Light Missing

(Topic created: 02-24-2019 12:00 PM)
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Is the LED Notification light missing from the S10 phone, if it is is there a workaround to get it, or will there be an update and they will add it? 

Also if it is, I am very disappointed and considering not getting the new phone.  

517 Replies
RedDragon
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S Phones

So with all these infinity-O display samsung removed the notification light and find a workaround to put it in a case instead and call it LED COVER as shown on this screenshot. Great idea but worried about battery life with this external LED light. 

Screenshot_20190222-224216_Settings.jpg

Heit
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I dont think so. 

selston13
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S Phones

@RedDragon I know that I was told at Unpacked that the notification light will be available in a future update - the hardware is there, it just requires a software update. You can see this if you switch to the front-facing camera for a selfie - it lights up around the camera as soon as you make the switch. As a workaround, I am curious to see if the LED Case works. Have you bought one yet? If so, can you report back?

If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response resolved your issue, please press the "āœ“ Accept as Solution" button.
0 Likes
RedDragon
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I haven't bought it yet but almost an inch away from buying it lol. I saw the review on youtube about the case it looks amazing but I dont like a case that does not raise around the bezel of the phone I like all around protection of the screen and I already bought 2 cases on amazon and all did not fit.

Did you guys receive an update for biometric and securtiy? I just received an update this morning and the finger print sensor is much better than before they might have increased the sensitivity of the sensor. Before I had to tap a few times I even tried 5 attempts and had to do manual unlocking but now the fingerprint sensor is 10x faster. @VerbumVeritum @selston13 @Anonymous 

Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Yes I got that update too this morning 

selston13
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Yes, I got the biometric update this morning too. Does seem to improve the sensor, which already worked phenomenally for me.

If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response resolved your issue, please press the "āœ“ Accept as Solution" button.
0 Likes
userypjJujZpY5
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Just upgraded from a Samsung Galaxy s8 to a Beautiful Galaxy s10.... really missing my blinking notifications light which used to notify me of missed calls or text while phasing was powered Ā¹off. Are there any other options on my s10 or possible changes coming in software updates to simply my new s10 so I don't have to unlock my phone and check visibly for incoming missed calls or text? DRG

0 Likes
RedDragon
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S Phones

@userypjJujZpY5 So far no news about notification light and dont hear any future update news either. For now the notification light is only available on Case cover but this case cover will use NFC and i believe the powershare or reverse charging but this can drain battery pretty fast either way {-_-}

0 Likes
Dewracng
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones

After being a extremely loyal Samsung customer who not only buys Only Samsung phones but also all my TV's and appliances are also made by Samsung. With that said I have had every Samsung Galaxy S series phone starting with the S2. After receiving my new S10+ on March 8th I knew in advance that due to using every inch of this new beautiful screen that the LED indicator would be obsolete. But I thought with the newer version and the customizable edge lighting that i would be able to do without the reminder LED by using the wide bubble version of edge lighting as a replacement. Well after spending hours with customer support. Not one rep was able to show me how to make this work during locked screen, they also never told me that it won't EVER work while the screen is black aka locked. I'm very frustrated that I spent over $1100 on a phone that has ZERO visual reminders on this flagship so called masterpiece. I had to find out on my own basically by accident that the only time edge lighting works is if your phone is unlocked and the screen is on. I'm a disabled veteran that can't always hear my notifications when they happen and unless I pick up my phone constantly to check I won't know if I missed a text etc. ( yes I do have audio reminders turned on but even those are lacking in comparison to the LED that flashed continuously compared to an audio alert every 3 mins or more depending on your settings. I truly hope that Samsung comes out with a software update that allows the edge lighting to operate and flash even when the screen is locked. I never realized how important that little LED light was on my S9+ that I could walk into the room and just glance at my phone and would always know if something happened while I was away from the phone. I have tried every setting including giving remote control to a support agent and still I have a $1100 phone that meets 99% of my expectations but until they allow visual reminders via edge lighting during the locked screen I will NOT recommend this phone to any family and friends. It may sound mute to some but I can't believe I must leave my screen unlocked with screen on at all times to use the edge lighting. Signed a very disappointed Samsung customer !!!!

Leinz
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S Phones

If you're not opposed to the idea Always on Edge, a 3rd party app, can use the pill as a notification led. And as always, edge lighting acts as one already. However, it's not enabled globally for apps.

If my reply has aided your issue please consider liking it. If the problem is solved you may pick it as a solution.
0 Likes