cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

S10/S10+ Led Notification Light Missing

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Is the LED Notification light missing from the S10 phone, if it is is there a workaround to get it, or will there be an update and they will add it? 

Also if it is, I am very disappointed and considering not getting the new phone.  

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: S10/S10+ Led Notification Light Missing

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@Anonymous  you will be pleased to hear that the S10 family will be using the camera cutout hole for the notification light. A spinning circle or other animation will appear in various colors around the camera hole. Whenever Face Recognition is used or the selfie camera is activated, the camera cutout will also light up again. It's pretty cool! 

Update: Turns out the release for this update has been delayed for some reason. We don't know why, and don't have access to that information from this end. Only developers know specifically when. I do believe the update is happening, as it was confirmed by a supervisor in the testing area after the Unpacked release event & afterward by a Samsung executive. 

455 REPLIES 455
Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@Anonymous  you will be pleased to hear that the S10 family will be using the camera cutout hole for the notification light. A spinning circle or other animation will appear in various colors around the camera hole. Whenever Face Recognition is used or the selfie camera is activated, the camera cutout will also light up again. It's pretty cool! 

Update: Turns out the release for this update has been delayed for some reason. We don't know why, and don't have access to that information from this end. Only developers know specifically when. I do believe the update is happening, as it was confirmed by a supervisor in the testing area after the Unpacked release event & afterward by a Samsung executive. 

Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

So someone says, but when? Is there an official announcement? A lack of the notification LED won't make me cancel my pre-order, but it's something I have been relying on for years, so I'd like to know.

"If my post answered your question, please be sure to accept it as solution so other users can find answers quicker. Thanks"
Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@Geno71  I don't know why not much is being said about it, but I heard this information from an executive directly after Unpacked in San Francisco. I wanted to make sure I had an answer for the Community because I knew people would be asking about the notification light. Smiley Happy 

user9hiTL78Hbb
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

If everybody should  call Samsung  and Express this concern then maybe Samsung will do something about this, I am thinking of return this phone back to bestbuy for missing led notification. 

usermRV51rjKe9
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

It's really a deal breaker for you? Seems a bit over the top

Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@usermRV51rjKe9 I kind of feel the same way generally. 😂

userVP40yF35hk
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Do we know when Samsung is going to announce the upgrade for notification light? I had chat with Samsung but did not get any positive response! I am very disappointed about not having the notification light on my S10+!

userH7KTBtkEEe
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I contacted their customer service and was informed there are NO plans to update the software since there isn't an LED light in that area.

userLjV5M9CFTe
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION
There is NO UPGRADE!