JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

S10/S10+ Led Notification Light Missing

(Topic created: 03-09-2019 01:18 AM)
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Is the LED Notification light missing from the S10 phone, if it is is there a workaround to get it, or will there be an update and they will add it? 

Also if it is, I am very disappointed and considering not getting the new phone.  

517 Replies
izephyr
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Physical notification LED is removed from S series. I am not expressing my disappointment here although I expected this as all Galaxy S series have this feature and this is an inevitable part of my everyday life.

There has been some information over the community here that pixels areound the camera cutout will function as notification light. What I am expecting is if that is true, then,

1. When can we expect this feature?

2. Does this feature has risks of Amoled burn-in?

This is not a discussion thread. I am expecting a response only from a Samsung official.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you and drop some
knightsurgeon
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Hi there, at this time the pixels around the camera cutout do not function as a LED notification. We are unable to speculate on the possible release of future features. If this was made into a feature, it would not have the ability to create a burn-in.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

user2jGp6G5Xka
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Coming from S7/Verizon: Just had two S10+ delivered yesterday (me and wife) and activated mine - set it up. We just discovered that the camera ring does not periodically blink continuously to notify of message when screen is off and message is waiting. Unfortunately, this is disappointing and this is a required functionality for my wife. The job that she performs does not allow holding of the phone during work so only important messages will be addressed if the light is blinking (periodic glances, so light must continually notify). We are still in return period and she told me she does not want a phone without this feature. I am also evaluating if I use this feature and most likely will return mine within the next 14 days. If this functionality is coming soon, please let me know before I pack these phones up. Thank you.
user87yMaGtICy
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I miss this as well. However, in regards to your specific comment, what's the difference between the notification light and the always on display showing a message if she's going to look at it every periodic glance? Just throwing that out there as another option
user87yMaGtICy
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Hi me again. AnothrA option is the edge lighting. You can have that light up, and then also set notification reminders. For calls and messages or customer apps. I just finished setting this up, hoping it'll help me as well.

Options
Galaxy S Phones

The difference is simple. A notification light of some kind doesn't require taking your phone out and looking at the screen to read a notification in tiny print on the AOD

0 Likes
user6IjHU4g7Wv
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

This is very disappointing. Why take away a feature and not offer a viable alternative? I would hope allowing access to those pixels at least will be a priority so thay third party developers can create apps to utilize it as a notification light.

userIERjG1itrS
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

What is a burn-in? The no notification alert is a non factor until you realize it's not there and there's no way to know if you get a text message unless you are using your phone constantly. No little flashing light? So frustrating to have beautiful phone but feel it's missing a completely obvious function 

userHJjTSyUseD
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Well said. We used to have visual AND audio connectivity to our phones status. Now we only have audio... the visual having been taken away!!! ..unless we pick the phone up to see if we've missed any important messages!!! I hope this gets sorted asap as the rest of the phone is excellent. 

all_the_lovers
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I used the pvt chat today they told me its coming in an update but dont know when .

0 Likes