userxcjx1BCjdf
Asteroid

Re: Led Notification Light on the camera cut out

JUMP TO SOLUTION
amanv722452
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@VerbumVeritum i understand maybe the update has been postponed or maybe it will take time to get that update or feature we can just wait and hope for the best

Highlighted
user2jGp6G5Xka
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Coming from S7/Verizon: Just had two S10+ delivered yesterday (me and wife) and activated mine - set it up. We just discovered that the camera ring does not periodically blink continuously to notify of message when screen is off and message is waiting. Unfortunately, this is disappointing and this is a required functionality for my wife. The job that she performs does not allow holding of the phone during work so only important messages will be addressed if the light is blinking (periodic glances, so light must continually notify). We are still in return period and she told me she does not want a phone without this feature. I am also evaluating if I use this feature and most likely will return mine within the next 14 days. If this functionality is coming soon, please let me know before I pack these phones up. Thank you.
Samsung_King
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
userip8vWWMRWd
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

All you have to do is turn on the facial recognition under security....this LED turns on around the camera while it is trying to recognize your face.

userLjNky1nh8L
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Not saying this exec was lying. Am saying he or she had no idea what they were talking about. It's a month past that date and surprise, surprise...crickets! Not a peep from Samsung about implementing notification  lights in the manner we are referring to. Sure, the edge lighting notifications  work, and it looks cool! As long as you just happen to be looking at your phone the one and only time it comes in.   Seriously Samsung, how hard can it be to program a repeating cycle of that so a person can glance at their phone from a distance and know there's a notification waitng??

useraRjEhdLCXH
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I don't like the built in lock screen and like over a hundred options you have to choose from and add etc.... However it's so promising though as we now definitely know samsung has access to modify and set this as an option as said in the samsung forum I posted! Can't wait if samsung pushes this in the next update!  Here it is if you want to play around with it

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.used.aoe

Samsung_King
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
userLjNky1nh8L
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This is not a fix, not even a really good workaround. Are you on their payroll? I ask because you keep posting about this fix that's not really a fix at all. 

user2Dxw9frxMa
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I  Have had my s10 plus for 5 days now and I can assure you the only time  that the led for the camera cut out comes on is when I'm in the camera  app and I switch  between modes. Its really  annoying  me now when I see youtubers  just use fingerprint  to unlock phone and the led comes on for them. But mine doesn't do anything. Not only that when i press recents key to toggle between apps I have  literally  tried everything  but cannot get it it to toggle fast with a quick swipe to go from left to right. i can only swipe one app at a time when toggling between apps  This is mega frustrating  and soooooo slow! My battery  doesn't even seem great either  Getting 12hours from it but this is with minimal usage. I probably  use youtube for roughly  2hours of the day and this is about as heavy  as my usage gets. I'm really concerned  and on the verge of returning  my phone. Any comments on my issues? Appreciate  any feedback  Thanks