JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

S10/S10+ Led Notification Light Missing

(Topic created: 03-10-2019 07:13 PM)
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Is the LED Notification light missing from the S10 phone, if it is is there a workaround to get it, or will there be an update and they will add it? 

Also if it is, I am very disappointed and considering not getting the new phone.  

517 Replies
user78UemM9GIA
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones

LOL, you "never stated or promised anything"? Except for your first post in this thread where you literally said this is coming? Yeah. Okay.

0 Likes
VerbumVeritum
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S Phones

@user78UemM9GIA  however you will note my next posts explain that I heard this from an executive after the Unpacked event. Only developers know when an update is going to be released 100%. I am not a developer, nor was the executive I spoke with. Maybe you can be less fixated on blaming me and attempt to find out the information yourself to see if you can do better. Like I have said, I do not believe this Samsung executive was a pathological liar, so I still very much believe, and am hopeful, that the update is still incoming at some point. This was an important question I wanted to ask because I knew everyone in the Community would want this answer. If you can't accept that I kind of went out of my way to find out information that no YouTuber, blogger, or news reporter of any website, etc thought to ask anyone in the testing area after the event, and be grateful, then I'm so sorry. In my attempt to gain insider info apparently I angered so many people because I was incorrectly told a date and it didn't happen. It happens. 

0 Likes
user78UemM9GIA
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones

The irony is that I have been attempting to find the information. But amazingly you're the only one that's claiming this. 

You have to ask yourself....if you were incorrectly told a date, maybe you were incorrectly told this as well. 

0 Likes
VerbumVeritum
Options
Galaxy S Phones

@user78UemM9GIA I don't believe that's the case. The testing area supervisor confirmed this post announcement to me personally, and then the executive as well after the event was over. I personally first heard the rumor about the cutout notification light via a leak weeks and weeks ago. That's why I specifically asked if the cutout would function like a notification light. 

0 Likes
VerbumVeritum
Options
Galaxy S Phones

@user78UemM9GIA  the scary question you should be asking is why no one else thought to ask this very same question. Seems weird. 

0 Likes
dimmonn
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Indeed!!!!

I need Led Notification Light!!!!

0 Likes
TrustSerenity
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I hope that they bring back the notification lights. I don't understand why they would take something like that away. I wonder what made them go that route. 

0 Likes
izephyr
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S Phones

The fact is that, we are screaming here are they even listening?

I can understand that the LED is a hardware and cannot be brought back. They have to do something with the pixels around the camera cutout. If they have burn-in, let them have it but without such notification feature, the Galaxy S is not a blinking star in the Galaxy anymore. This is so trivial, yet so important.

Come on #Samsung! Do something!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you and drop some ♡
user78UemM9GIA
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I don't think there's a lot of "screaming" going on. From what I see this isn't a big issue to most. A shame, because it certainly is to me.

0 Likes
Spore64
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Have you tried the app, Always on Edge. I read it let's you set time durations so keeps on until screen unlocked and can set a color per app. Haven't tried my self.

0 Likes