cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
user78UemM9GIA
Cosmic Ray

Re: S10/S10+ Led Notification Light Missing

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The irony is that I have been attempting to find the information. But amazingly you're the only one that's claiming this. 

You have to ask yourself....if you were incorrectly told a date, maybe you were incorrectly told this as well. 

Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@user78UemM9GIA I don't believe that's the case. The testing area supervisor confirmed this post announcement to me personally, and then the executive as well after the event was over. I personally first heard the rumor about the cutout notification light via a leak weeks and weeks ago. That's why I specifically asked if the cutout would function like a notification light. 

Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@user78UemM9GIA  the scary question you should be asking is why no one else thought to ask this very same question. Seems weird. 

dimmonn
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Indeed!!!!

I need Led Notification Light!!!!

Highlighted
TrustSerenity
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I hope that they bring back the notification lights. I don't understand why they would take something like that away. I wonder what made them go that route. 

izephyr
Halo

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The fact is that, we are screaming here are they even listening?

I can understand that the LED is a hardware and cannot be brought back. They have to do something with the pixels around the camera cutout. If they have burn-in, let them have it but without such notification feature, the Galaxy S is not a blinking star in the Galaxy anymore. This is so trivial, yet so important.

Come on #Samsung! Do something!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you and drop some
user78UemM9GIA
Cosmic Ray

Re: Led Notification Light

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I don't think there's a lot of "screaming" going on. From what I see this isn't a big issue to most. A shame, because it certainly is to me.

userjdYQ1LxLop
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Have you tried the app, Always on Edge. I read it let's you set time durations so keeps on until screen unlocked and can set a color per app. Haven't tried my self.

user78UemM9GIA
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

It's a DECENT workaround, but it's far from perfect - lots of flaws in it and it's difficult to set up. But it's somewhat decent. 

user2jGp6G5Xka
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Edge lighting or any other method they offer is not sufficient! it will only light up once and the longest setting it has is maybe 4 or 5 seconds, then it never repeats. Same with the LED cases. No repeat. After it stops and if you weren't looking directly at the phone you will never see it. We need the camera cutout light ring to do its blinky thing (like what it does when you activate selfie cam, or face unlock) once every 5 or 6 seconds until the notification is cleared if screen is off. Just like a notification LED would. I tested some 3rd party apps and it is sufficient enough if the camera blinks (noticeable and usable) but 3rd party apps are just not up to par as native functionality would be (yet). Not usable with an app. I really don't think this would take that much power as the screen is itself an LED (OLED) and still in disbelief that I'm going to have to return these phones since they did not have this ready on release day as so many rely on this feature. To think that a .20cent LED on a $1200 phone was left out -- I'd be happier if it was the headphone jack removed as almost everyone uses BT these days anyway (and worst case you could buy headphone jack -> BT module and make your headphones semi-wireless) very bad decision on Samsung's part. If they do intent to use the camera as an LED notification -- and if it isn't implemented soon I have no choice but to return our phones until it is here. I can't risk it never coming to light so to speak and being stuck with $2400 of phones which I am not happy with. Will repurchase if it comes.