JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

S10/S10+ Led Notification Light Missing

(Topic created: 03-12-2019 08:51 AM)
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Is the LED Notification light missing from the S10 phone, if it is is there a workaround to get it, or will there be an update and they will add it? 

Also if it is, I am very disappointed and considering not getting the new phone.  

517 Replies
user78UemM9GIA
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones

It's a DECENT workaround, but it's far from perfect - lots of flaws in it and it's difficult to set up. But it's somewhat decent. 

0 Likes
user2jGp6G5Xka
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Edge lighting or any other method they offer is not sufficient! it will only light up once and the longest setting it has is maybe 4 or 5 seconds, then it never repeats. Same with the LED cases. No repeat. After it stops and if you weren't looking directly at the phone you will never see it. We need the camera cutout light ring to do its blinky thing (like what it does when you activate selfie cam, or face unlock) once every 5 or 6 seconds until the notification is cleared if screen is off. Just like a notification LED would. I tested some 3rd party apps and it is sufficient enough if the camera blinks (noticeable and usable) but 3rd party apps are just not up to par as native functionality would be (yet). Not usable with an app. I really don't think this would take that much power as the screen is itself an LED (OLED) and still in disbelief that I'm going to have to return these phones since they did not have this ready on release day as so many rely on this feature. To think that a .20cent LED on a $1200 phone was left out -- I'd be happier if it was the headphone jack removed as almost everyone uses BT these days anyway (and worst case you could buy headphone jack -> BT module and make your headphones semi-wireless) very bad decision on Samsung's part. If they do intent to use the camera as an LED notification -- and if it isn't implemented soon I have no choice but to return our phones until it is here. I can't risk it never coming to light so to speak and being stuck with $2400 of phones which I am not happy with. Will repurchase if it comes.
izephyr
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Exactly. A $0.20 Light Emitting Diode was left out because of a high-paid Fool.

I couldn't imagine #Samsung made this bad decision. The worst part is I cannot even return 😞

No one is looking into our thoughts. If samung could natively do something to the Notification around camera cutout or we're stuck into this.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you and drop some ♡
user78UemM9GIA
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones

And was it the same people who told you it would release on launch day?

0 Likes
userWmCfcCyRUL
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I'm also suffering missing of LED notification light from yesterday once I got my s10...that feature to emit light around front camera should be by default..I don't believe that #Samsung make some survey about removing notification led and most of the customers wanted to remove it...does not make sense, otherwise that was vote of single "big-fished" person...

However anyone knows any alternative for now? I'm missing that feature that I'm considerning to send s10 back...and still there is my previous s8 in the drawer.. ;/ I tried some 3rd party app, but it contains so many ads that  I said thank you after a while of usage..some android developers want to make some money on our desperation..

0 Likes
userry25U3INNa
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I'm in the exact same boat I thought maybe I couldn't figure the setting to get the LED but apparently it doesn't exist. For a phone that cost as much as it does I don't think I'm keeping it---this broke the camel's back! This is after Samsung has been the WORST customer service I've ever dealt with -_-

0 Likes
userWmCfcCyRUL
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Yes it's crazy. I spend 900e and was totally knocked down by this missed feature. My S3 gear watch also got crazy with S10 synchronisation, but it is another topic. But LED notification is IMO "red card" from UX perspective....

How the &*&^ you cannot see even while your phone is charged....unbelievable

Good that I kept original box so soon I will send it back..I'm more convinced for that action...

0 Likes
izephyr
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Always on Edge (available on playstore) is the only current alternative. I have not tested myself. This is not 100% alternative but only 20%. Just a consolation. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you and drop some ♡
0 Likes
izephyr
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S Phones

If anyone have a confusion that the camera cutout contain special hardware/seperate LED strip around it, I am 99.99% sure that it does not. It is actual part of the screen. The brightness of the ring adjusts with screen brightness. I have tested this on a pure white background and by adjusting screen brightness. So, it will be different only if samsung creates an api to lighten up and set these pixels an individual brightness. 

0 Likes
userWmCfcCyRUL
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I tried that app but removed quickly as it contains tons of ads...and it contains hundreds of options and you have to give a lot of permissions, it is not trustful in my opinion. 

Currently, I have problem that there is no vibration for all notifications that are coming to my s10  😕 

0 Likes