cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
user02mOiKj2Yj
Constellation

Re: S10/S10+ Led Notification Light Missing

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Remove the tiny notification light and put a huge cutout in the screen for a camera lens that most don't care about? Previous camera was fine. Don't see the need for a super camera. What's the point of infinity screen when most people put a case on phone? How about eliminating the useless Bixby button if you need to come up with something for your engineers to do? The camera cutout is ugly, unecessary and unwanted. The notification light is a necessary, popular and useful feature. Went to upgrade my s8+, told about missing notification light, did not upgrade. I hope Samsung rethinks this boondoggle on S11. Maybe Samsung should test design changes with real users. 

userPcwpqK1QKE
Constellation

Re: Led Notification Light

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I was gonna order a new Samsung s10 today. But I guess I'm not anymore, because of this feature missing.

user72KAozIfPa
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I bought a S10+ last Saturday and I just returned it today solely because of the lack of the indicator lights. It's a feature that I have counted on for years and the lack of this simple device was a deal breaker for me. I went back to my old S7 and couldn't be happier. The Verizon store amanger just didnlt understand that I didn't want the S10+ for that one reason, but it's that important to me. Apparently after reading these commnets. I'm not the only one. It was a foolish move for Samsung to make.

Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Use the AOE app for a camera ring led. I have it setup on mine. Guess Samsung is working on it. 

If my reply has aided your issue please consider liking it. If the problem is solved you may pick it as a solution.
userjdYQ1LxLop
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Nice video on this app. 

https://youtu.be/FSLbzsrXDHQ

This will use the LED around your camera cutout and more as a notification. Credit: Always on edge
Highlighted
uservgDRFDjBRj
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Does it work for default messaging app?

userWmCfcCyRUL
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Seems not. I did not find this functionality. I cannot setup also some indicator while charging phone, there is only option once battery is full, but I did not test it yet

Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yes. It works with every app. 

@uservgDRFDjBRj wrote:

If my reply has aided your issue please consider liking it. If the problem is solved you may pick it as a solution.
userWmCfcCyRUL
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@Leinz wrote:

@uservgDRFDjBRj wrote:

Don't spread info that works with each app. I cannot configure it for gmail or default messages, because from some reasons simply these apps are not on the list. Option with charging phone does not seem to work, too in neither current charging nor battery becoming full. When clock is displayed then fingerprint unlock does not work for me. This app can be alternative solution as some of the predecessors said, but it does not work in 100% and before publishing it, could be nice if someone would test basic functionalities. 

Let's hope that Samsung will do something offical

izephyr
Halo

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userWmCfcCyRUL wrote:

@Leinz wrote:

@uservgDRFDjBRj wrote:

Don't spread info that works with each app. I cannot configure it for gmail or default messages, because from some reasons simply these apps are not on the list. Option with charging phone does not seem to work, too in neither current charging nor battery becoming full. When clock is displayed then fingerprint unlock does not work for me. This app can be alternative solution as some of the predecessors said, but it does not work in 100% and before publishing it, could be nice if someone would test basic functionalities. 

Let's hope that Samsung will do something offical

You have to select "Show System Apps" to make Gmail, Messaging and other apps to get this to work .

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you and drop some