JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

S10/S10+ Led Notification Light Missing

(Topic created: 03-13-2019 01:12 AM)
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Is the LED Notification light missing from the S10 phone, if it is is there a workaround to get it, or will there be an update and they will add it? 

Also if it is, I am very disappointed and considering not getting the new phone.  

517 Replies
userWmCfcCyRUL
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Seems not. I did not find this functionality. I cannot setup also some indicator while charging phone, there is only option once battery is full, but I did not test it yet

0 Likes
Leinz
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Yes. It works with every app. 

@uservgDRFDjBRj wrote:

Does it work for default messaging app?

If my reply has aided your issue please consider liking it. If the problem is solved you may pick it as a solution.
0 Likes
userWmCfcCyRUL
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones

@Leinz wrote:

@uservgDRFDjBRj wrote:

Don't spread info that works with each app. I cannot configure it for gmail or default messages, because from some reasons simply these apps are not on the list. Option with charging phone does not seem to work, too in neither current charging nor battery becoming full. When clock is displayed then fingerprint unlock does not work for me. This app can be alternative solution as some of the predecessors said, but it does not work in 100% and before publishing it, could be nice if someone would test basic functionalities. 

Let's hope that Samsung will do something offical

0 Likes
izephyr
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S Phones

@userWmCfcCyRUL wrote:

@Leinz wrote:

@uservgDRFDjBRj wrote:

Don't spread info that works with each app. I cannot configure it for gmail or default messages, because from some reasons simply these apps are not on the list. Option with charging phone does not seem to work, too in neither current charging nor battery becoming full. When clock is displayed then fingerprint unlock does not work for me. This app can be alternative solution as some of the predecessors said, but it does not work in 100% and before publishing it, could be nice if someone would test basic functionalities. 

You have to select "Show System Apps" to make Gmail, Messaging and other apps to get this to work .

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you and drop some
0 Likes
userWmCfcCyRUL
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones

@izephyr wrote:

@userWmCfcCyRUL wrote:

@Leinz wrote:

@uservgDRFDjBRj wrote:

You have to select "Show System Apps" to make Gmail, Messaging and other apps to get this to work .

Ok, I can see it.

Btw do you know if there is a way to setup this LED notification to repeat every 3 seconds e.g. till you will read associated event like message from whatsapp? What I have found in the options is only reminder every 30 seconds for 5 seconds duration

Can you check if charging phone shows some indicators?I disabled showing clock and always on display as it was showing me all the time "verify your identity with fingerprint"

Ok I have found also another problem, if you want to unlock your phone with fingerprint while LED notification is active then you will not be able, you have to either double tap on the screen and then use fingerprint or just press press power button

0 Likes
izephyr
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S Phones

@userWmCfcCyRUL Currently there is no way to customize the time. I have given my feedback to the Developer via play store rating. You may also do the same. I also think I shall contact the dev via email about this.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you and drop some
0 Likes
userWmCfcCyRUL
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Thanks

I could even pay few usd if that app would be stable and reliable, but for now it is far far away from that state, however idea is good ;]

maybe in the meantime indeed Samsung will introduce something official one

0 Likes
userWmCfcCyRUL
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones

and I think it is draining battery a lot -  I lost 20% in 2 hours for my S10

for now I will thanks for that app..waiting for something official from Samsung

Good luck

0 Likes
Leinz
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S Phones

App doesn't drain any battery for me. 15hrs uptime with 8hrs sot. 39% remaining. The problem is how you configured it. 

@userWmCfcCyRUL wrote:

and I think it is draining battery a lot -  I lost 20% in 2 hours for my S10

for now I will thanks for that app..waiting for something official from Samsung

Good luck

If my reply has aided your issue please consider liking it. If the problem is solved you may pick it as a solution.
user78UemM9GIA
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Don't spread info that it DOESN'T work with every app, because it's not true. It does. It's just...not very good. 

If your apps aren't displayed then you're not selecting the proper settings.

0 Likes