JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

S10/S10+ Led Notification Light Missing

(Topic created: 03-14-2019 06:08 AM)
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Is the LED Notification light missing from the S10 phone, if it is is there a workaround to get it, or will there be an update and they will add it? 

Also if it is, I am very disappointed and considering not getting the new phone.  

517 Replies
user78UemM9GIA
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones

There's actually been no reputable source that's stated Samsung is working on it, unfortunately.

0 Likes
userWmCfcCyRUL
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Ok, right. You can activate it for each app, but it does not mean that it works as expected. Also what is very annoying is fingerprint unlock feature. Try to use it once you can see your notification with light. You will be surprised that it does not react...unless you will double tap on the screen....long way to make it stable...also I did not find proper way to see light once charging my phone.

But as someone said before if 3rd party app can be used and somehow works, then maybe Samsung gonna think about it, unless they are waiting to see many returns from disappointed customers.

For now I'm using my Gear S3 to got all notifications immediately with vibration on the hands, it is somehow workaround but not for everyone..

Smartphone for 1000$ should contain LED notifications by default

userWmCfcCyRUL
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I think this app is battery killer...so I uninstalled it.. I had 25% of battery at 11pm at 3am it simply discharged to 0%...and smartphone was in stand-by mode...I did not use any battery consuming option in that app....so these guys are far far far away from stability..and dischargin battery to 0% is not good as you know...so thanks for that app.... ;/

gonna send back s10 to warehouse as there is no official statement if they gonna make some implementation of LED notifications

0 Likes
user78UemM9GIA
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Exactly, and the person who claimed this was being released last week has conveniently disappeared from this thread.
0 Likes
izephyr
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I don't think he just disappeared. Everyone is blaming that person. He is tired of defending himself. We don't know if the news is true but as he is claiming he was at the unpack event, I personally think he is a credible source.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you and drop some ♡
0 Likes
user78UemM9GIA
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Credible? He can't even name the person that told him this. He swears that the person that told him is telling the truth....yet they also told him it'd be on launch day, and that didn't happen. To me, that's anything but credible.

Also, this topic should not be flagged as "solved". Nothing has been solved here.

userSc1pNui4hP
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

You people are rediculous. He never said 100% that this feature would be out on launch day .He just stated that he spoke to a representative from Samsung . Of course he isn't going to give names what sense would that make?! Let's cough up a name so all of you can rip on that person for "lying" .Give the guy a break he clearly was in a position to be invited to the unpacked event and I personally think he's doing s fine job relaying info he gets from said event .when I first saw this thread I never once took it as a sure thing esp not a sure thing on release day! I personally pray Samsung releases a update with this feature . The app that was just released dose not do it for me . It drains the battery way to quick and I shouldn't need a black screen overlay on my AOD for it to work 

0 Likes
user78UemM9GIA
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones

From his post 3 weeks ago:

"

it should be automatic. There may be an option to enable or disable though. The software hasn't push yet for me and I'm on the S10+ currently. When face recog and the selfie cam is activated though, it does spin a light around the camera briefly. I was assured that the software would be pushed by release day. "

0 Likes
VerbumVeritum
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S Phones

@user78UemM9GIA I haven't disappeared at all. I'm always on the Community. You can private message me, if you really want to talk. As I have stated many times before, and in my original postings concerning this, I was told this information about the cutout notification in the testing area by a supervisor, and after the event by an executive. Samsung doesn't release information, generally, about new updates. It isn't suprising you aren't hearing anything about it. Again: is the update happening? Most probably. Does anyone really know when? No, no one knows, besides the software/developer team, when an update will push. I fail to see how personally jumping on my back to blame me benefits anyone. I was relaying information, as I have said for the 6th or 7th time now. 🙂 

user78UemM9GIA
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Relaying false information, from all indications.

You should mark this thread as "unsolved", as nothing has been "solved". 

0 Likes