JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

S10/S10+ Led Notification Light Missing

(Topic created: 03-17-2019 10:37 PM)
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Is the LED Notification light missing from the S10 phone, if it is is there a workaround to get it, or will there be an update and they will add it? 

Also if it is, I am very disappointed and considering not getting the new phone.  

517 Replies
Flora777
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Go to settings -accessibility-advanced settings-flash notifications ,you can make camera flash or screen flash or both led notifications

0 Likes
userWmCfcCyRUL
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones

@Flora777 wrote:

Go to settings -accessibility-advanced settings-flash notifications ,you can make camera flash or screen flash or both led notifications

Ok if you will put your smartphone with back camera to the top...you will see camera flash, but only once. That is not solution and does not make sense to reverse your smartphone, it can also drain battery I believe as each flash for each notification can produce a lot of battery consumption...and I don't know if that is my S10 issue, but when I set up both camera and screen flash..then only camera flash is working...For now I'm using my Gear S3 to get know about all notifications..however I'm still thinking if @samsung978531 gonna increase front camera ring light, like it is with face recognition (default white colored ring)....seems that should be possible for notifications as well

userCxg0FbOINn
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

This thread is marked as "solved".  If one taps the link to go to the solution, it takes him to the news that Samsung will introduce officially this feature. I'd be happy if/when this happens.

0 Likes
user78UemM9GIA
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones

That's not "news", it's someone's - at best - speculation. The thread should not be marked as solved, as Samsung themselves haven't stated anything about this. 

Therealdjjune
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I love my Samsung Galaxy s10 plus but one thing I notice is the LED light that lets you know if your phone is charging or when you have a message it's no longer ... man I really miss that feature ... if somehow someway Samsung can in corporate that on the ring of the front camera 🤔

0 Likes
izephyr
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S Phones

There has been so many discussions already about this in this forum. 

https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Galaxy-S10/Led-Notification-Light/m-p/466732#M450

Please follow this thread for future updates on the issue.

Thanks

If my response solves your query, please "Accept as Solution"

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you and drop some
0 Likes
userkyWeBP9j0H
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Lol you just linked to the same thread. That isnt a solution

0 Likes
Geno71
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S Phones

New messages were likely merged with this thread by a moderator, I'm sure he didn't link to the same thread. It happens sometimes.

Don't forget to give this post a Like by clicking on the ❤ icon below. 
And if it answered your question, please click on "Accept as Solution"

0 Likes
user78UemM9GIA
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Basically to sum the last 11 pages up - one person claims to have been told by an executive (whose name they can't remember) that this feature was coming on launch day. Obviously launch day was weeks ago and this feature hasn't came. So I wouldn't get your hopes up. 

0 Likes
VerbumVeritum
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S Phones

@user78UemM9GIA  it wasn't just I alone who was told this information, and even if I did remember the executives' name, I certainly wouldn't be telling you what it was. You must have taken this all rather personally to be so bitter about it.