JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

S10/S10+ Led Notification Light Missing

(Topic created: 03-20-2019 08:20 AM)
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Is the LED Notification light missing from the S10 phone, if it is is there a workaround to get it, or will there be an update and they will add it? 

Also if it is, I am very disappointed and considering not getting the new phone.  

517 Replies
userfSjr5kEaVr
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

When I get a message I see the messages come in fine. Even see a little preview of the message. My last phones would let me know if someone called or messaged. It would showed a blue or green led flash. If I miss a call or message now on the s10 plus, I have to check my phone to see/ unlock my phone.

userWmCfcCyRUL
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Im really tired with this s10. I found out that edge lighting feature does not work as well. You can find some threads on Google that people are also struggling with this. It should light edges of the screen whenever notification arrived, but it does not simply work..

Can someone also check it under settings>display>edge screen>edge lighting??

gonna send it back to Amazon and I will come back to my s8 where there was less issues and there was led notification diod. I regret that I did not wait for users feedback and to avoid preorder of that s10..

Mtiede
Comet
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Edge lighting works fine for my S10 for Text and Whatsapp.

userWmCfcCyRUL
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones

ok but not for gmail, hangouts, messenger and so on...

@Mtiede wrote:

Edge lighting works fine for my S10 for Text and Whatsapp.

and your settings is: 'while screen is off' or 'always'?

0 Likes
Mtiede
Comet
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I've tried "Always on display" on and off, face down, face up.  All works.

Have only tested it with Text message.  will try Messenger.

... time passes ...

hmm... Messenger isn't a choice for me.  Must not be installed, I suppose...  trying others in the list of apps.

... time passes ...

Oh, Messages is in the list of allowed apps, but not Messenger, so that wasn't much of a test...

... time passes ...

Messenger buzzed, dinged, but I didn't see any edge lighting.  bummer.  I'll test again and let you know if I find anything different.

... time passes...

Didn't seem to work for Outlook, but that could be microsoft not doing something...

... time passes ...

Skype also buzzed and made a Skype noise for a message.  But no edge lighting.

I'm guessing that the apps must do something specific to light it up and not all apps do that.

Good luck...

user94Bv5dkAMu
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

What settings have you set for this to work? Please share

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Galaxy S Phones

As a public warning the mods would like to say that any and all attacks towards any individuals, ambassador or not, will need to cease or the thread will be shut down. At this time the notification light is not available, however, we have escalated the feature request in the hopes that it will be added in the next update. Thank you guys for your posts here in the Community.

0 Likes
usery6uesnp2ec
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I get a feeling this is blowing smoke. The LED is hardware. A physical device that must be present. A software update can't add this. It would have to already exist, and if it exists, why would it be turned off to begin with? Not buying it.

0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S Phones

The edge lighting is working fine for me. Problem is it's only effective if you happen to be looking at your phone the minute a notification comes in.  The lighting happens once and does not repeat so unless you happen to have your phone in your sight when it happens I can see why you'd assume it's not working at all.  Now really Samsung..how many people are actually looking at their phone's at all times just so thye don't miss a notification? 

Xiro
Halo
Options
Galaxy S Phones

@userWmCfcCyRUL you have to consider that this phone is new it will get updates to fix bugs and other things