JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

S10/S10+ Led Notification Light Missing

(Topic created: 03-21-2019 01:32 AM)
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Is the LED Notification light missing from the S10 phone, if it is is there a workaround to get it, or will there be an update and they will add it? 

Also if it is, I am very disappointed and considering not getting the new phone.  

517 Replies
userWmCfcCyRUL
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I know,  but for 1000$ you should expect that basic functionalities works as expected. It is not unused feature like edge lighting for notifications, especially that notification diod has been removed

0 Likes
user9hiTL78Hbb
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Yes I totally agree,  for $1000 it should work as design, why give us edge lighting not working, when samsung took out led notification light, Samsung must fix edge lighting and give us the option to repeat until clear notification, That what I thought .

userv63ne11noK
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones
+1. I also would like to express my strong disapointment with this maybe basic and not so important issue for many. Me personally tough, I consider usability of notification led and facing finger print scanner in a only reasonable place which is in front of the device- as same important. So yeah, when they finally released phone with such scanner I finally found reason to say bye to my beloved S7. And quess what, missing notification light or rather missing notification solution, because edge light simply dos not work in that manner. Face palm, thank you 🙂 For me too: notification edge light works only with messages. And only for one single light up, but I find it designed that way. So definitaly looking forward to software update to fix this h..ll of a issue taking a lot of usability from our handheld beautys.
usernGMZOuE6pY
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Where is the LED notification light on the Galaxy s10?!? Removing this feature was the WORSE decision at anyone at Samsung has ever made.  I am very disappointed that this feature was removed.  I will be returning my device if this cannot be resolved.

user9hiTL78Hbb
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Every body in this forum,  should all return this phone back to Samsung,  then I think they will listen to us.

0 Likes
userWmCfcCyRUL
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I agree. I have still time till 10th of April to send it back..but each day Im more frustrated than day before about things that should work, so I think if there will not be any official statement from Samsung for next week I gonna return it back. Ok you have facial recognition to unlock your phone, but anypne can unlock your phone having your face printed on the paper - so feature useless...battery can drain fast if your phone is in the pocket and this proximity sensor have some issues to detect it properly...LED notification light I think is deal breaker for now, as there is no alternative provided like this edge lighting which is not working, either. There are more and more smaller or bigger problems..like with moving apps from SD card. I red that there is some limitation like 8 applications..and you cannot move 9th app and more....personally I did not test it to confirm..

For now I think will stay with s8 and will see how it will evolve with s10 updates..Don't have patience to wait and having hope that they will fix it

0 Likes
userqPNMElRLuy
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I've been using the app until samsung updates sooooo looking forward to it but not a big deal for me. Not worth returning my shiny new phone

0 Likes
winedrop
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones

disappointment after selling my S9+ and purchased S10+.... I been using Galaxy phone since S2, S3, S4, S4 MINI, NOTE 2, NOTE 8INCH, S5, S6, S7 EDGE, S8+, S9+. until now S10+ This is the only device without notification LED , is missing this best part of the phone. Why i don't buy iPhone for so many year one of the reason is due without notification LED and the feature not as friendly as Samsung galaxy device but now i kind of regard selling my S9+. Please make an upgrade on this S10+ make it happen to add in the notification LED as soon as you can. Thank you so much

ShadowArtist201
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I think the notification LED was reborn as a ring of light around the front cameras.

0 Likes
winedrop
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Ya i saw that too but still no news and action from Samsung....really disapointed

0 Likes