JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

S10/S10+ Led Notification Light Missing

(Topic created: 03-27-2019 05:31 PM)
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Is the LED Notification light missing from the S10 phone, if it is is there a workaround to get it, or will there be an update and they will add it? 

Also if it is, I am very disappointed and considering not getting the new phone.  

517 Replies
useraRjEhdLCXH
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I don't like the built in lock screen and like over a hundred options you have to choose from and add etc.... However it's so promising though as we now definitely know samsung has access to modify and set this as an option as said in the samsung forum I posted! Can't wait if samsung pushes this in the next update!  Here it is if you want to play around with it

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.used.aoe

0 Likes
Samsung_King
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S Phones

This is not a fix, not even a really good workaround. Are you on their payroll? I ask because you keep posting about this fix that's not really a fix at all. 

0 Likes
user2Dxw9frxMa
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I  Have had my s10 plus for 5 days now and I can assure you the only time  that the led for the camera cut out comes on is when I'm in the camera  app and I switch  between modes. Its really  annoying  me now when I see youtubers  just use fingerprint  to unlock phone and the led comes on for them. But mine doesn't do anything. Not only that when i press recents key to toggle between apps I have  literally  tried everything  but cannot get it it to toggle fast with a quick swipe to go from left to right. i can only swipe one app at a time when toggling between apps  This is mega frustrating  and soooooo slow! My battery  doesn't even seem great either  Getting 12hours from it but this is with minimal usage. I probably  use youtube for roughly  2hours of the day and this is about as heavy  as my usage gets. I'm really concerned  and on the verge of returning  my phone. Any comments on my issues? Appreciate  any feedback  Thanks 

usercgzhGjh99z
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Hi! Do we have any updates/news about this yet? I honestly do not want to turn on Always on Display since it affects battery life 😞

0 Likes
TheGivens
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

"Slightly before launch" 

Well... We are waiting....

0 Likes
VerbumVeritum
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S Phones

@TheGivens I suggest you read some of my posts on the second page of this fairly short thread. 

_alddoo
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Hey this is totally differnt but I just got the samsung galaxy s10 last week and since Ive had it I haven't seen the light ring around the camera cutout? Like at first I thought maybe only the galaxy s10 plus had that light around the front camera, but Ive been watching a ton of reviews that show the light ring! Is there any way I can turn it on? My phone is up to date on software updates. I have no idea how to get it to work. 

0 Likes
Samsung_King
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones
0 Likes
user812daRzKP7
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

As far as I know, the only time you will see the light ring at this stage is:

1-when you are in camera mode and switch to selfie mode  

2- when you turn on your phone with face recognition.