JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

S10/S10+ Led Notification Light Missing

(Topic created: 03-28-2019 12:21 AM)
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Is the LED Notification light missing from the S10 phone, if it is is there a workaround to get it, or will there be an update and they will add it? 

Also if it is, I am very disappointed and considering not getting the new phone.  

517 Replies
RichieD0312
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

@userOEoMPuislm wrote:

Show me how "The led has been replaced with edge light" and I will but the S10 today.

It must flash different colors depending on the type of message and stay flashing until the notification has been cleared. It must also show the charging status. ie. it must perform exactly the way that the notification led performs.

I agree 100%

0 Likes
Samsung_QxlxsQS
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

This is how you set edge light for notifications

0 Likes
DNeuwir
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

This is NOT a replacement for the notification LED.  This is just Edge lighting.  There is no way to make the edge glow to mimic the original charging light.  For example, when connected to power I'd like it to glow red for "not fully charged", then green for "charging complete".  This is not a solution.

userfbIRcA6v1p
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I can't even get Edge Lighting to work on my S10 when I get a notification, screen on or off. I'm notsure how difficult it is to just flash a solid colored circle at the left top corner of the screen when there is a notification. I mean, it is afterall, an LED display. A developer can make any number of pixels on the screen light up.

userWmCfcCyRUL
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Im happy again to have led notification light  in my ... s8. Yesterday I returned s10 as there was many other issues, not only missing led light, but also edge lighting not working as expected for most of the needed applications...I think next time I will wait for official review and then will decide to buy or not...lesson for the future..

Mtiede
Comet
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I just noticed that you could do a Flash as notification, but, although the animation made it look like it would do a continuous flashing, it only flashed once when I tried it.  I think I also saw there was a vibrate when you pick it up notification type.  But that does solve the problem if you want to know as soon as something becomes available.

Hope you are enjoying the S8.

0 Likes
userWmCfcCyRUL
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I checked all possible options including one that you mentioned.  It does flash but on the back of the phone and only once. It is not even workaround  🙂

My s8 works great, some time ago they replace battery and some sensors and now it is running almost 2 days with s3 gear connected 24h/day. 

It is not worth to pay imo 1000$ for s10 to have slightly better camera, pictures, on-screen fingerprint reader(which is far far away from being perfect) and bigger battery which in fact kept my phone....less time than my s8..so there was something wrong with it. If I used 3rd party app for edge lighting then battery consumption increased to enormous levels in 2 hours in sleeping mode it took 25% of battery

CtrlZThis
Comet
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Edge lighting works great on my 10+. It looked a little thin for me, but I'm now using Samsungs GoodLock and it works way better thru that and with more options.

0 Likes
Mtiede
Comet
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Did you try making the width of the edge lighting wider?

0 Likes
userWmCfcCyRUL
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones

@CtrlZThis wrote:

Edge lighting works great on my 10+. It looked a little thin for me, but I'm now using Samsungs GoodLock and it works way better thru that and with more options.

Yes, sure it works perfectly and it is keeping lighting every few seconds like with old-style led notification diod  🙂 nice joke. And you will write also that it works for gmail, messenger and hangouts right?  🙂

0 Likes