JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

S10/S10+ Led Notification Light Missing

(Topic created: 03-29-2019 02:41 PM)
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Is the LED Notification light missing from the S10 phone, if it is is there a workaround to get it, or will there be an update and they will add it? 

Also if it is, I am very disappointed and considering not getting the new phone.  

517 Replies
DNeuwir
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

So, basically, the same thing they have been telling everyone for the last four weeks.  Nothing new to see here.

userCwI8Xuf85L
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

When is this fix happening?!?!  The Notification Light is a KEY FEATURE for knowing that you've received a Text, Messenger (Facebook), a Phone Call, etc.  One of the dumbest omissions ever!!  Unless I tap my phone, I have NO IDEA that I've received messages.  I absolutely RELIED on the LED Notification Feature.  AND... the Edge Lighting does NOT WORK EITHER.  I need it for Message+ and Messenger and Phone Calls, yet I get NO lighting notifications at all.  This is obsurd!!  People spend a [edit] of money on these phones and that is a BASIC feature that was removed.  So Dumb!

0 Likes
user9hiTL78Hbb
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Yes more than $1000 phone but missing 30 cent led. Lol

VerbumVeritum
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S Phones

@user9hiTL78Hbb except the entire screen is AMO(LED)... hint hint. 🙂

MikePasta
Halo
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I'm taking the "hint hint" as the update for the ring lighting up around the lens is still possible. Have you heard about any movement on the delay or why it has even been delayed in the first place? Any rumors from the water cooler?? Lol

VerbumVeritum
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S Phones

@MikePasta nope. There actually is not much much of a "water cooler" on this end. Even mods here don't have access to that info. I do still REALLY believe that this update is going to happen. 

user78UemM9GIA
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones

There's no evidence that a fix is happening at all. 

userrfe98waKNd
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Samsung needs to put back their signature LED Notifications in their next update. That was arguably best subtle feature Samsung gave to its users.

Leinz
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S Phones

The S10 line was built without a physical LED, hence the omission of the feature altogether. Now, people will ask for one to be simulated around the camera ring. But there are a few reasons Samsung may feel reluctant to comply with this request. 

At this time users can try Edge Lightning (native), or Always on Edge (3rd party) to create a pseudo LED along the hole. 

If my reply has aided your issue please consider liking it. If the problem is solved you may pick it as a solution.
0 Likes
userCwI8Xuf85L
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

The (native) Edge Lighting doesn't work.

0 Likes