JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

S10/S10+ Led Notification Light Missing

(Topic created: 04-02-2019 05:35 PM)
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Is the LED Notification light missing from the S10 phone, if it is is there a workaround to get it, or will there be an update and they will add it? 

Also if it is, I am very disappointed and considering not getting the new phone.  

517 Replies
Mtiede
Comet
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Wait what?  You say you didn't get the S10+ because of the missing LED, but when you describe your new phone, you didn't describe its LED so I assume it didn't have one either.  But the all important LED wasn't so all important after all?  Or it DID have the LED and you just didn't mention it?

0 Likes
userolBbAuhe8x
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Wow you got nothing better to do than being a jerk? He probably didn't mention it because all cell phones have had a notification light up till now ..

And I agree with him...

I would have taken mine back if I could have but due to some serious family dealings I couldn't. I've got better things to do then keep checking my phone for missed calls etc cause I don't carry the phone around with me all day long. 

0 Likes
Mtiede
Comet
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Sorry, wasn't meaning to be a jerk.  And your assumption that all cell phones have a notification light isn't correct.  My last 3 cell phones didn't have such a light.  My 950xl didn't have any.  It never bothered me as I could see from the Glance screen if there were notifications that I didn't hear.  

My comment was just because everyone seems so EXTREMELY irritated by something that seems to me to be a minor annoyance at best.  I can just spot new notifications from the Always On Display on the S10.

So why someone would reject the S10+ for some other phone JUST because it doesn't have the LED notice is curious.

Just trying to understand the rational for rejecting such a powerful phone.

Apparently it is a case of different strokes for different folks.

all_the_lovers
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Can Samsung please make an official annoucement that this led camera ring is coming soon as 1000's of S10e S10 S10+ users are VERY dissapointed !

0 Likes
user78UemM9GIA
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones

There's no reason to believe that the camera ring is coming at all, much less an official announcement. 

Mtiede
Comet
Options
Galaxy S Phones

My fingerprint scanner works fine.  After your comment about being in water and it not working, I washed my hands and didn't dry off and it recognized immediately.  And I don't have to put my thumb "square on the screen".

I'd suggest you register your fingerprint a couple more times.  Try when it is a little moist and another when a little dry.  Try with more angles (though I think the registration process encourages you to do other angles already.

I actually find mine works best if I put a little moisture on my thumb, OR just rub my thumb and finger together if I have trouble with it.

FWIW, my only real gripe is that it so very very slippery.  I wish the surface was more "grabby".  Maybe in the summer when my hands are less dry, it will be easier to hold.

Overall, I'm pretty happy with the phone, but I still like my 950xl better.  I really like the camera better on the 950xl.

0 Likes
userolBbAuhe8x
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones

THere isn't or never will be a notification light for this phone. Think about it, samsung put a setting for led case in the settings and they sell the $60 back cover with notification leds in it that is made exclusively for the S10...they never planned on the light cause design was more important then funtion...

This 3rd party app that everyone talking about that uses the camera hole is just a app that can put an image on the screen and the hole is just a hole , nothing special about it.

I very upset that I spent $1000 for somrthing that is causing me more headaches then helping.

I need my notification light cause i need a way to know i got messages without having to touch the phone to check...

@Anonymous wrote:

Is the LED Notification light missing from the S10 phone, if it is is there a workaround to get it, or will there be an update and they will add it? 

Also if it is, I am very disappointed and considering not getting the new phone.  

0 Likes
Barakuz
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Wish I had never purchased 2 x S10's the lack of LED notification is a show stopper.

My first Samsung phone, and soon to be my last.

0 Likes
userWmCfcCyRUL
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones

My s10 adventure ends one week ago when I send it back to the store...I'm happy again with my...s8 and led notification light, even if battery keeps it bit less time and don't need to use very "reliable" fingerprint sensor which honestly attracts me the most to purchase s10......I'm thinking to wait a bit once prices for s9+ will drop to make an upgrade there...only nice camera and display with better battery in s10 for 1000$ is not worth imo

Feeling sorry for guys who ordered s10 and cannot send it back due to some contractual issues 

HelloWorlds
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Samsung please, bring the notification light around the camera for the S10 family with a future update 🙂