JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

S10/S10+ Led Notification Light Missing

(Topic created: 04-05-2019 06:42 AM)
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Is the LED Notification light missing from the S10 phone, if it is is there a workaround to get it, or will there be an update and they will add it? 

Also if it is, I am very disappointed and considering not getting the new phone.  

517 Replies
JahWorkz
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I truly want to take my S10 plus back. It's really annoying that I have to go pick up my phone to see if there is a notification. 

0 Likes
Xstation
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Using the ring around the camera as led notification:  

Led ring

Source from xda

0 Likes
DNeuwir
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

NO!!! This is ABSOLUTELY NOT A FIX!!! I REALLY WISH PEOPLE WOULD STOP POSTING ABOUT THIS "app they found" called Always On Edge.

It is an AOD tool, not a notification light. AOE is a wildly-complex product with a thousand features, and highly-intrusive ads that make you watch 30-60 second videos EVERY SINGLE TIME you click the "save settings" button (so it takes 3 hours to make 10 minutes worth of setup changes).

But it does not include the ONE SINGLE feature I need: a battery charge indicator light, red for "charging" and green for "charged". It is an insanely complex, ad-driven product that disables any other AOD features and replaces it.  

Samsung needs to get off their duffs and get this required feature working.  Using the built-in AOD is not sufficient to see if my phone is charged, or if I have a notification from across a lit room.  I don't want to have to walk over to my phone and tap the screen just to see if my battery's done charging.

user78UemM9GIA
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I'm right there with you, but there's literally no evidence whatsoever that they're going to make this a feature. I agree that AOD is pretty awful. Unfortunately outside of using a third party app it's what we're stuck with.

0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Holy smokes dude! Enough with the repeat posts linking to your beloved app. First it doesn't even work like you are saying it will and second not everybody wants to rely on a 3rd party app. 

0 Likes
user78UemM9GIA
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones

This is not a fix. Stop promoting it as though it is.

userExHUCbxY7k
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

This is not a fix. This is a third party app that does not work as this functionality should expectedly work.

0 Likes
userlM5eO9xA3m
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Hahah, looks like some1 beat Samsung to this turtle speed. There's an app in the play store, " always on edge, edge lighting".

0 Likes