JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

S10/S10+ Led Notification Light Missing

(Topic created: 04-07-2019 11:10 PM)
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Is the LED Notification light missing from the S10 phone, if it is is there a workaround to get it, or will there be an update and they will add it? 

Also if it is, I am very disappointed and considering not getting the new phone.  

517 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Hey Samsung I miss my led notifications. I want a option to turn on always on display only for notifications or even better use the camera ring to blink occasionally.

dvmmls
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

It's actually not missing. There's apps for it and there a flash around the camera cut out.

userHJjTSyUseD
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

It's now  6-4-19 and there has been no update nor any positive response from Samsung. Absolutely nothing! Not even a sniff or a hope of an answer to its customers who have invested in this phone. Notification of calls or messages are a primary function of a mobile phone and Samsung have decided to remove what has become an important visual feature !! Quite unbelievable. 

Some respect to their dissatisfied customers by giving an explanation or at least some hope of what they're going to do about it would be much  appreciated by many unhappy people. 

userWmCfcCyRUL
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones

@userHJjTSyUseD wrote:

It's now  6-4-19 and there has been no update nor any positive response from Samsung. Absolutely nothing! Not even a sniff or a hope of an answer to its customers who have invested in this phone. Notification of calls or messages are a primary function of a mobile phone and Samsung have decided to remove what has become an important visual feature !! Quite unbelievable. 

Some respect to their dissatisfied customers by giving an explanation or at least some hope of what they're going to do about it would be much  appreciated by many unhappy people. 

Totally agree and you know what?maybe they will start to think about once they will receive hundreds or thousands of returns each week. Mine ex s10 has already been returned and full money is back...thanks God...for me missing led notification was deal breaker 

Cheers

0 Likes
RichieD0312
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Just got an update. I am not seeing a status light option. 😞 this is rediculious. Is it really that hard to add a blinking light around the camera cut out that already has an led there waiting to be used? COME ON SAMSUNG! the third party apps are trash! They can't do what oem Samsung can do. This would have been the perfect opportunity I'm beyond annoyed. S10+ on t mobile.

0 Likes
userolBbAuhe8x
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones

@RichieD0312 wrote:

Just got an update. I am not seeing a status light option. 😞 this is rediculious. Is it really that hard to add a blinking light around the camera cut out that already has an led there waiting to be used? COME ON SAMSUNG! the third party apps are trash! They can't do what oem Samsung can do. This would have been the perfect opportunity I'm beyond annoyed. S10+ on t mobile.

There is no led in the face of this phone, never was and never will be. that light you see around the camera isn't anything different from the rest of the display...That rotating light is not a light it is simply a image, proven way for you to see this is load the 3rd party app and see how it can change this circle in size and shape.

There is no LED ..my guess is there was no room for one and due to the fact that in settings there is a settings for led cover, they make a led cover for notifications and why would they if it wasnt needed . we werent told that it wouldn't be on this phone so they keep it to themselves and hope they sell enough to pay themselves before anyone really notices and then its too late to return the phone...we got it in the end
TheGuessxpert
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

This will be a cool feature and if it was my guess, I don't believe Samsung knew that this option was one initially despite doing it when you launch the camera. I am hoping that eventually that this feature will be added into Good Lock in the coming future or at least in the next major android update.

usersiFPz6lzg6
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

They seriously need to address this. It's obviously an important feature. Most people don't like using 3rd party apps for something so simple. Samsung needs to release an official update. This is poor customer service. 

userolBbAuhe8x
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones

An update will not fix the problem due to there is no led in the phone and making the display do the circling around the camera hole will only use up the battery. 

If i could get everyone to sign a petition to force Samsung to make this right, because they were fully aware of the problem and pre-made a cover with leds that flash with notifications and the settings are already in the program, to give everyone that needs and relies on the notification light to get through the day ,and say I'm sorry for what happened with this phone... Cover will cost us over 45

usersFS0oqWSJ7
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

This is Samsung Chat response. LED notifications are replaced with Always ON Display on S10 model devices

0 Likes