JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

S10/S10+ Led Notification Light Missing

(Topic created: 04-10-2019 04:21 AM)
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Is the LED Notification light missing from the S10 phone, if it is is there a workaround to get it, or will there be an update and they will add it? 

Also if it is, I am very disappointed and considering not getting the new phone.  

517 Replies
userR16JPfTdaH
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

If you don't like the ads, then pay for the app. You guys keep complaining about Samsung saving costs for an LED and yet you are not willing to pay a developer. I had a lengthy email chat with him and helped him to figure out the position of the S10+ cutout to make the lighting work.This was necessary since he has no access to the device in Syria. And for what the app is supposed to do it needs a lot of permissions of course.

0 Likes
userqL9h3PRCXH
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Hopefully, Samsung includes an always-on display version of the notification LED, or, better yet, utilizes the ring light around the selfie camera as a "Notification" LED that continuously flashes every few seconds when a missed call, missed text message or missed app notification hasn't been checked.  What others don't understand is that it's a nuisance to walk across a room to your phone constantly checking for anything you missed while your phone is on silent.  I used to have my phone facing forward and upright while on silent mode while at work,   this allowed me to glance over every now and then at my phone to see a blinking LED light indicating that I've missed any of the aforementioned notifications. Now I'm constantly going over to my new S10 , lighting up the screen or tapping it to see if I've missed anything.  This means allot Samsung. Please maybe revise the ring around the selfie camera to flash continuously every few seconds as an indicator of missed notifications ...... please 🙏. And thank you in advance hopefully!

0 Likes
FSUpartyboy850
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Three weeks later and sti no update? Your OP said it would come out before the launch. Your source is making you look like a fool..
0 Likes
userOEoMPuislm
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Well it has been many weeks since the unpacked event and still no sign of any update. I have reached out to management at Samsung directly and via social media. There really does not appear to be any urgency or priority for this update.

While many here (including me) are complaining about the lack of the notification LED to the extent that they have returned their phones or will not be buying an S10, there are probably more than enough sales (10 million first quarter with a further 10 milliopn expected for the April quarter) for Samsung not to be too concerned about a relative handful of complaints.

userolBbAuhe8x
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Sorry to say that there is no led and can't add one so I doubt they care too much about it cause they designed and made back covers that are for these phones only that are led notifier and the settings are already in the software settings so they were aware of the issue of not having led notifications. You suck Samsung.
0 Likes
Anker
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

There's a new app in the Play Store called LED Me Know that does an excellent job of showing a notification light while the screen is off and uses very little battery. It is currently available for the entire S10 but the developer said more features and devices will be added in the future. 

play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.anker.ledmeknow

0 Likes
userLJ9CRlq5up
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

@VerbumVeritum wrote:

@Anonymous  you will be pleased to hear that the S10 family will be using the camera cutout hole for the notification light. A spinning circle or other animation will appear in various colors around the camera hole. Whenever Face Recognition is used or the selfie camera is activated, the camera cutout will also light up again. It's pretty cool! 

Update: Turns out the release for this update has been delayed for some reason. We don't know why, and don't have access to that information from this end. Only developers know specifically when. I do believe the update is happening, as it was confirmed by a supervisor in the testing area after the Unpacked release event & afterward by a Samsung executive. 

0 Likes
userLJ9CRlq5up
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Unfortunately I have already bought it, and there are several things I don't like about it. 

0 Likes
userH7KTBtkEEe
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I contacted customer service who informed me there are NO plans to update the software since there is no LED light in that area. 

@VerbumVeritum wrote:

@Anonymous  you will be pleased to hear that the S10 family will be using the camera cutout hole for the notification light. A spinning circle or other animation will appear in various colors around the camera hole. Whenever Face Recognition is used or the selfie camera is activated, the camera cutout will also light up again. It's pretty cool! 

Update: Turns out the release for this update has been delayed for some reason. We don't know why, and don't have access to that information from this end. Only developers know specifically when. I do believe the update is happening, as it was confirmed by a supervisor in the testing area after the Unpacked release event & afterward by a Samsung executive. 

0 Likes
useraP8q94SMGM
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

You can enhance the edge lighting functionality in order to work exactly like the old led light. At first I thought that this was its purpose but unfortunately it does not work in all notification cases. I hope that a software update would adjust this in the future.

0 Likes