JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

S10/S10+ Led Notification Light Missing

(Topic created: 04-16-2019 06:23 AM)
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Is the LED Notification light missing from the S10 phone, if it is is there a workaround to get it, or will there be an update and they will add it? 

Also if it is, I am very disappointed and considering not getting the new phone.  

517 Replies
truenliving7
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Holey light gives you led around the cutout and you customize to the color you like you can find it in the app store great app

userolBbAuhe8x
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones

There is no led, period 

0 Likes
Nessie
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones

the update has taken many features off of the phone. Samsung take absolutely no responsibility for that and because of that they are going to lose loyal customers like they did during the Note 7 incidents when they also took no responsibility until forced to. They have not learned their lesson.

0 Likes
userOEoMPuislm
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

As many have said, Samsung (and Google in their Pixel 3) have chosen to leave out this led in favor of larger displays with no bezel. Any upgrade or app can never act exactly the same. ie. flash different colors for different notifications while the screen is locked. Unless the ring around the camera is not part of screen which I doubt. So when this ring or any other part of the screen is used for this purpose it means that the screen must stay on, even if only a small part of it and that has to have a negative effect on battery life.

I was really looking forward to the S10 but I am still using my S7 Edge because of this notification issue. Once the S9+ drops in price I bit more I will get that instead of the S10. Also, in reality Samsung have already sold millions of the S10's the number of returns/complaints due to the notification LED are so small that there really is no incentive for them to do anything about it.

0 Likes
Juanaman
Comet
Options
Galaxy S Phones

There is a offical Samsung notification light go to the Samsung app store download edge lighting plus once downloaded click open will take you directly to the setting to set a notification light for the camera cutout

0 Likes
usert9B8l0ghsz
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Can you be more specific? There is no search results for edge lighting plus in Galaxy store. 

0 Likes
MikePasta
Halo
Options
Galaxy S Phones

It's called EdgeLighting + and it is most definitely there as of this posting.

usert9B8l0ghsz
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I only get Edge Lighting and Edge Lighting Pro, which are payable and Edge Lighting S9 that is free. Is it possbile EdgeLighting + is only available in certain countries?

0 Likes
Cully68
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Check out the app "LED Me Know", it's an excellent & easy to setup app to replace the missing notification light!! 

0 Likes
MikePasta
Halo
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I guess that's possible! I'm here in upstate NY. This is the app we're talking about.

Screenshot_20190429-160854_Galaxy Store.jpg

0 Likes