JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

S10/S10+ Led Notification Light Missing

(Topic created: 04-30-2019 06:10 AM)
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Is the LED Notification light missing from the S10 phone, if it is is there a workaround to get it, or will there be an update and they will add it? 

Also if it is, I am very disappointed and considering not getting the new phone.  

517 Replies
usert9B8l0ghsz
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I think that's it, I'm all the way in Europe. I'll try with LED me know then. Thanks

0 Likes
Jinjur
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones

As has already been mentioned, LED me know is the ONLY viable solution right now.

Simple, clean and effective.

I have been chatting to the dev and they have big plans for the product but for now, it is the only one I have chosen to trust. No fancy animations, it just flashes the cutout light for now.

It doesnt slaughter the battery

It does not need stupid amount of permissions granted

It does not need a PHd to configure

I have been feeding back my experience to the dev and the main issue is that of the AOD shifting the light around to avoid screen burn which it does with the clock

I have discovered that by having the AOD clock vertically, up the edge of the phone that this does not happen and now, i have a solution that I am 90% happy with.

Charging does NOT use this cutout but a series of dots along the top of the phone which is fine, i dont use them though.

All in all, i think this is the one and hopefully will only get better.

J

Cully68
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I agree Mike, "LED Me Know" is awesome.  One point, the notification light can be anywhere on the screen you want, any shape too.  It doesn't have to be around the camera cutout.  I've chosen to have a solid circle in the middle/top of the screen, right under the "charging" circles.  Really simulates what a "normal" LED notification light looks like.  Can set the ON/OFF time too, mine blinks so I never miss it with a quick glance.  Super easy to customize too (as you pointed out). 

0 Likes
ChrisWNY
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S Phones

@MikePasta Thanks for posting this - downloaded EdgeLighting+ and noticed that the small front camera light does go off for some notifications now (namely WhatsApp and a few others). Previously it didn't.

Holey Light is a nice combination because you can set it up to come on when the S10+ is charging. I disabled it when on battery because having it always on is more of an annoyance than anything else.

Another upstater here (well, Western NY..."Upstate" could mean you're on  the opposite side of NY from me!)

If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response helped resolve your issue, please press the "✓ Accept as Solution" button. Thanks!

MikePasta
Halo
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Lol! So true! I guess I should've said Central NY, I live just outside of Utica. When people hear me say I live in NY, they always assume NYC.

ChrisWNY
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Or people just assume wherever you live in NY, NYC must be only minutes away...I live about as close to Chicago as I do to NYC!

If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response helped resolve your issue, please press the "✓ Accept as Solution" button. Thanks!

Zdawgg08
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Screenshot_20190501-213622_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20190501-213835_Chrome.jpg

TylerK25
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Hello! I have been trying to find a good replacement for the notification LED found on previous models. Coming from a note 8 to the s10+ is an adjustment when it comes to knowing if I have any notifications when the screen is off.

The solution, in my opinion, would be an update to the edge lighting application. The update or addition would be to add continuous lock screen notification support.

This means, when the screen is black, and a notification comes in, the edge lighting lights up and stays pulsing or whatever the users choice. Full customization of course. For example, I like the color shift snake like effect, it would be awesome if while the screen was off and I had a text come in, it would continuously run around the screen letting me know I have a text.

You could also be able to change the style and color for individual applications to differentiate between what you have a notification for.

Is this in the works? Already been done and I'm just not aware of it? I would love any kind of feedback and if this isn't the right place for a "feature request" like this, please point me in the right direction.

Thanks!

Tyler

Rydah
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I 100% love this idea. I do not know the exacts or when anything will happen but I do know something of this sorts is in the works.

Best regards,
Rydah
Samsung Care Ambassador

If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response resolved your issue, please press the "✓ Accept as Solution" button.
Samsung_Shane
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I have seen a post from Verbum Verbatim that there was supposed to be a notification light by, or shortly after launch of the S10 line.

It's now 65 days past the launch date, and no word about a notification light.

It's not a deal-breaker, but it's a cherished and loved feature. Any update on if/when the S10 line will be getting a camera circle notification light?

- Sad S10 User

0 Likes