Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Samsung_Shane
Constellation

Still no notification light?!?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have seen a post from Verbum Verbatim that there was supposed to be a notification light by, or shortly after launch of the S10 line.

It's now 65 days past the launch date, and no word about a notification light.

It's not a deal-breaker, but it's a cherished and loved feature. Any update on if/when the S10 line will be getting a camera circle notification light?

- Sad S10 User

Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: Still no notification light?!?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

It's available. Open Samsung's "Galaxy Store". Download and install Samsung's "Good Lock". Open "Good Lock", goto the "Family" tab at the bottom, install "EdgeLighting+". 

Samsung_Shane
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This is not an acceptable subsitite. It does not flash after the initial receipt of notification (AKA no reminder).

If they had it able to flash every couple seconds (configurable) then I would potentially accept it, but one flash is definitely not the answer, and my question is not solved.

userV39A1v6g0c
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yes, Thats correct 

user4dU6g6BiUe
Astronaut

LED Notification light update for S10/S10+

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi Team,

I have seen there has been a discussion on samsung sending an update to have LED notification light around the camera hole and it has been 2 months we dont have any update.. i have S10+ and i received software update and thought it will have the update for LED notification light but it wasnt the case. any update when this update is coming? or i guess they will rebuild this feature in S11 instead and disappoint S10 family.

Arndroid
Constellation

Re: LED Notification light update for S10/S10+

JUMP TO SOLUTION

If this is important to you, you could try 3rd party apps. Some let you customize the whole circle.

Re: LED Notification light update for S10/S10+

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Download Goodlock from samsung and then edge lighting+. You can change notification to ring. It is not persistent like good old led though.

userolBbAuhe8x
Cosmic Ray

Notification light left out

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Am I the only one that sees that leaving the notification light out of the design is a very bad idea and a bad move on their part? So now I have to check my phone physically instead of visually , cause i'm a busy person and don't have to time to check the phone constantly if i've missed a call etc...and yes some people can't have their phone volume up or on at all and we have no way knowing we missed something unless you turn the phone on... And it can't be a simple thing like tapping your screen and see what you missed cause the fingerprint scanner is the only thing it shows... So I think Samsung did this on purpose to sell another product they make which is the back cover with led notifications ability and it's almost $60 extra dollars but has no protection. Why not choose to remove the jack and keep the notification light. This will be my last samsung for a while
RichieD0312
Asteroid

Re: Notification light left out

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am with you 100% it made me so angry I switched to my oneplus 6t. The only acceptable app I found was holey light by xda try it out. I'm still aggravated and don't want to use my s10+until they take care of the issue. 

Re: Notification light left out

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I agree completely miss my led notifications. However, we knew about this before we bought it right?