JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

S10/S10+ Led Notification Light Missing

(Topic created: 05-13-2019 01:01 PM)
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Is the LED Notification light missing from the S10 phone, if it is is there a workaround to get it, or will there be an update and they will add it? 

Also if it is, I am very disappointed and considering not getting the new phone.  

517 Replies
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S Phones

It's available. Open Samsung's "Galaxy Store". Download and install Samsung's "Good Lock". Open "Good Lock", goto the "Family" tab at the bottom, install "EdgeLighting+". 

Samsung_Shane
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

This is not an acceptable subsitite. It does not flash after the initial receipt of notification (AKA no reminder).

If they had it able to flash every couple seconds (configurable) then I would potentially accept it, but one flash is definitely not the answer, and my question is not solved.

userV39A1v6g0c
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Yes, Thats correct 

0 Likes
user4dU6g6BiUe
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Hi Team,

I have seen there has been a discussion on samsung sending an update to have LED notification light around the camera hole and it has been 2 months we dont have any update.. i have S10+ and i received software update and thought it will have the update for LED notification light but it wasnt the case. any update when this update is coming? or i guess they will rebuild this feature in S11 instead and disappoint S10 family.

0 Likes
Arndroid
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

If this is important to you, you could try 3rd party apps. Some let you customize the whole circle.

0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Download Goodlock from samsung and then edge lighting+. You can change notification to ring. It is not persistent like good old led though.

userolBbAuhe8x
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Am I the only one that sees that leaving the notification light out of the design is a very bad idea and a bad move on their part? So now I have to check my phone physically instead of visually , cause i'm a busy person and don't have to time to check the phone constantly if i've missed a call etc...and yes some people can't have their phone volume up or on at all and we have no way knowing we missed something unless you turn the phone on... And it can't be a simple thing like tapping your screen and see what you missed cause the fingerprint scanner is the only thing it shows... So I think Samsung did this on purpose to sell another product they make which is the back cover with led notifications ability and it's almost $60 extra dollars but has no protection. Why not choose to remove the jack and keep the notification light. This will be my last samsung for a while
RichieD0312
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I am with you 100% it made me so angry I switched to my oneplus 6t. The only acceptable app I found was holey light by xda try it out. I'm still aggravated and don't want to use my s10+until they take care of the issue. 

0 Likes
Frederickdawg
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I agree completely miss my led notifications. However, we knew about this before we bought it right?

0 Likes
usershaqK5qfGl
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I agree. I have been a Galaxy owner from the time they were introduced. This is the first time I am disappointed with one. It might seem like a little thing to Samsung, but quite a number of oweners rely upon this feature.  I attend a lot a meetings every day.  I can't tap my phone to see if I've missed a call or message during the meetings as it becomes obvious. Have the visual cue was helpful because if I know I am expecting a call or message, I was alerted.  Someone asked if this was a dealbreaker.  Truth be told, if I had known that this simple but useful feature had been removed, I would have kept my S8+.  I don't see why Samsung cannot recode the phone to use the same alert around the camera cutout used when you are taking a selfie, and allow it to serve as a notification indicator.  

@userolBbAuhe8x wrote:
Am I the only one that sees that leaving the notification light out of the design is a very bad idea and a bad move on their part? So now I have to check my phone physically instead of visually , cause i'm a busy person and don't have to time to check the phone constantly if i've missed a call etc...and yes some people can't have their phone volume up or on at all and we have no way knowing we missed something unless you turn the phone on... And it can't be a simple thing like tapping your screen and see what you missed cause the fingerprint scanner is the only thing it shows... So I think Samsung did this on purpose to sell another product they make which is the back cover with led notifications ability and it's almost $60 extra dollars but has no protection. Why not choose to remove the jack and keep the notification light. This will be my last samsung for a while