cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: S10/S10+ Led Notification Light Missing

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Samsung customer service said there are NO plans to update the software since there isn't even an LED light in the former notification area.

@VerbumVeritum wrote:

@Geno71  I don't know why not much is being said about it, but I heard this information from an executive directly after Unpacked in San Francisco. I wanted to make sure I had an answer for the Community because I knew people would be asking about the notification light. Smiley Happy 

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION
You heard it from an executive? Lol You have a name or any source to back that up? People have been saying that for months, doesn't make it true and Samsung already said they have no intention on changing the notification display at this time!
Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

It has been 6 MONTHS and still no notificaiton around the camera. This can be done with third party apps, but everyone needs to know that this isn't a true LED and never will be- that bright eye-catching light you see across a room. It's only as bright as your screen, because it is acctually just drawing on a part of the screen. NOT an LED and NEVER WILL BE. Don't be misled.

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I contacted customer service who said there are NO plans to update the software since there's not even an LED light in that area. 

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I definately miss the lED notification. If this is not fixed I will go to another phone next time I buy a phone. I've been with Samsung for years. Shame they don't listen to the customers on this. I used to could see if I missed a call or had a text with out touching or tapping the screen. This is ridiculous. FIX THIS please.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

That's very good news! When I get my hands on the s10+, I will set up the notification light.

Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@Anonymous it should be automatic. There may be an option to enable or disable though. The software hasn't push yet for me and I'm on the S10+ currently. When face recog and the selfie cam is activated though, it does spin a light around the camera briefly. I was assured that the software would be pushed by release day. 

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Sounds like a update is going out today to allow the Bixby button to be remapped. Maybe this is also included? We are about a week away from launch ! 

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hmmm... I just got my S10+ today and there's unfortunately no options for this.

Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userfcGXXk3eQE the software update should push out March 8th; release day.